Around the NHL - Part XLII - (Playoffs Edition)

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
That was a terrible challenge by Cooper.

Seemed like he did it so that he'd have something to complain about in the season-ending presser later.
1000001461.png

Called it.

Reactions: Breaded Fox and Ail

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008

Publicly he has to complain. Otherwise, he'd hear it from his own fanbase for not speaking up. Looking at the replay, though, it is quite clear that the Tampa player turned into the goaltender on his own and impeded him. Spatial awareness. Know where are and move accordingly.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Publicly he has to complain. Otherwise, he'd hear it from his own fanbase for not speaking up. Looking at the replay, though, it is quite clear that the Tampa player turned into the goaltender on his own and impeded him. Spatial awareness. Know where are and move accordingly.
oh that's just a portion of the quote. Dude talked for paragraphs about the two overturned goals. Just watching his reaction on the bench, the vibe was clearly, f*** this this game's over I'm going to challenge, lose, and then martyr us about it.

Get over yourself bro, you lost the series 4-1 and the game 6-1

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
oh that's just a portion of the quote. Dude talked for paragraphs about the two overturned goals. Just watching his reaction on the bench, the vibe was clearly, f*** this this game's over I'm going to challenge, lose, and then martyr us about it.

Get over yourself bro, you lost the series 4-1 and the game 6-1

It was a fun ride, though.

• Haha
Reactions: TheDirtyH

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
So we all agree that we hate this guy, but he’s very correct here. Tampa got robbed.

Also, is Cooper going to get in trouble for the skirts comment? Seems like the kinda thing you’re just not allowed to say anymore.
both interference calls seemed correct. Both involved Tampa players basically going into the crease under their own power and bumping the goalie.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I think the Cirelli call could’ve gone both ways. Duclairs was pretty much interference.

We can see Duclair purposely stick out his left leg to prevent Bobrovsky from pushing off to this right.

Reactions: Cmox

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
But would you take Stamkos? He's an UFA. 40 goal scorer.

No, but no because i dont like him or that he can't still play. If he isnt on PP1 one, it's pointless to bring him in. People already want someone bumped off for Laffy, there's no way they bring in another PP guy to muddy the waters further.

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Gonna be very interesting to see if Matthews plays tonight in an elimination game for his team.
Fair or not he's gonna get compared to top players who played thru pain with broken jaw/broken ribs/punctured lungs/and other pretty serious injuries.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Gonna be very interesting to see if Matthews plays tonight in an elimination game for his team.
Fair or not he's gonna get compared to top players who played thru pain with broken jaw/broken ribs/punctured lungs/and other pretty serious injuries.

What is even wrong with him?

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!

Matthews has food poisoning.

We'll know he left it all on the ice by the shit trail.

Reactions: will1066

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I heard food poisoning but how long does food poisoning last? I think we all have had bouts with it. Has to be somoething else if he doesn't play tonight.

It's food poisoning exacerbated by a groin concussion.

So I heard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cmox and bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I recently had mild food poisoning, which lasted about 2 days.
Yeah its probably a lower body injury not food poisoning. Like you said food poisoning last a few days and these guys have IV treatments and the best medical staff by their side. If he doesn't play its something else. If its severe food poisoning I am sure antibiotics would help shorten the duration.

Reactions: NCRanger and Cmox

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Luke Hughes is nominated for the Calder. Every time I've seen him play he was a mess. I'm sure there's another rookie more deserving. Was he a last name nomination or does he actually deserve it?

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Luke Hughes is nominated for the Calder. Every time I've seen him play he was a mess. I'm sure there's another rookie more deserving. Was he a last name nomination or does he actually deserve it?
He puts up points and is flashy so thats all that really matters I guess?!

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

The Tiktok Memorial Award runner up plaque will look great on Thanasis Hughes mantle.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I think the whole hockey world will be watching Toronto-Boston tonight. Prepare for board outages, win or lose. M&M under heavy microscope. Matthews needs to play tonight no matter what. At least if he fails on the ice, he has an alibi. Marner is in a worse situation. He needs to have a good game to at least get the crybaby tag off his back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad