Around the NHL - Part XLII - (Playoffs Edition)

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Tampa getting beat right now is no indication of what our series would have been like if we played them.

Same for Carolina beating the Islanders. Matchups are a thing, and I think the Rangers matchup against Car, but not so much TBL. It's play style and game breakers or lack thereof.

Tampa's a bit different especially on D. Sergachev hurt and no more McDonagh. It makes a difference. They don't quite have the same depth as they did at forward or D and Stamkos is kind of old now too. They're still a good team but as a team they are on a decline now, like the Caps, like the Pens. To me the two toughest Eastern teams we'll have to deal with if we get past the Caps (and I think we will) are 1. the Panthers and 2. the Canes and I'd give the edge to the Panthers as being the biggest challenge.

Reactions: DialUp

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
Tampa's a bit different especially on D. Sergachev hurt and no more McDonagh. It makes a difference. They don't quite have the same depth as they did at forward or D and Stamkos is kind of old now too. They're still a good team but as a team they are on a decline now, like the Caps, like the Pens. To me the two toughest Eastern teams we'll have to deal with if we get past the Caps (and I think we will) are 1. the Panthers and 2. the Canes and I'd give the edge to the Panthers as being the biggest challenge.
I agree. I feel like Bobrovsky makes a Panthers series really weird. He can be super hot or super cold, similar to Shesterkin. We are better than Carolina in net and top players imo. They don't have a Fox, Igor or Panarin. I got us in 6 or 7 games against Carolina and round 3 is a toss up since you still have Boston out there who i think we beat if it came down to it. Florida is the pain in the ass

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Carolina is up 3-0 but they have been anything but dominant. I honestly thought they would carry more of the play. Piles had the better of the play in games 1 and 3. I have not been impressed. We can beat them.

It's easy to say I was right because I was right.
Every game has been a war. They could have gone either way. Bob saved their asses in game 2.

80s Kid

Feb 20, 2023
AZ
It still would be nice for them to win a couple of games and give Carolina a few more bumps and bruises.
They did lose Pesce although not sure how long. Still would be nice for the Isles to do some more damage though.

The Canes might be my least favorite team at this point. It's close with the Devils but the way they play is just like swatting nats for the opposing team.

80s Kid

Feb 20, 2023
AZ
Tampa spanked us the last few times we played them in the playoffs, i can see why people were a little worried about them. I didn't really care since i thought we matched up well with them and they have no depth. Either way, you can't just decide how people feel
I gotta go with MH on this one. Plenty of posters wanted no part of Tampa, especially when it looked like that's who we might end up playing in the playoffs while MH basically said "bring it on," it's not the same team from a couple years ago.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I gotta go with MH on this one. Plenty of posters wanted no part of Tampa, especially when it looked like that's who we might end up playing in the playoffs while MH basically said "bring it on," it's not the same team from a couple years ago.
I think most of us know they are not the same team they were years ago. Their depth is shot.
Having said that lets not pretend that the Flyers/Islanders/Caps/Red Wings or even Pens would have been a tougher matchup than TB. I think that is the point many were trying to make down the final month or so of the regular season.

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
I agree. I feel like Bobrovsky makes a Panthers series really weird. He can be super hot or super cold, similar to Shesterkin. We are better than Carolina in net and top players imo. They don't have a Fox, Igor or Panarin. I got us in 6 or 7 games against Carolina and round 3 is a toss up since you still have Boston out there who i think we beat if it came down to it. Florida is the pain in the ass
Playoff Freddie Andersen says hello.
IMG_2810.jpeg

Reactions: NikoEhlers

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
It was obvious that Tampa wasn't the same team. It really wasn't a groundbreaking discovery

Playoff Freddie Andersen says hello.View attachment 859826

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
Carolina is up 3-0 but they have been anything but dominant. I honestly thought they would carry more of the play. Piles had the better of the play in games 1 and 3. I have not been impressed. We can beat them.

Of course we can!

They're dropping like flies in a non-physical series from nothing.

I expect Aho to miss the next round because he sneezed.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
It does. MH wasn't the only one that wanted TB. I wanted revenge!
Not only do they beat us, last 2x we met in PO's, but they steal McD from us, win 2 cups partly because of him, and then flip him for much better than they originally gave up? No wonder why I hate that team.

Reactions: eco's bones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad