Around the NHL - Part XLII - (Playoffs Edition)

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
It won't happen but could you imagine second round matchup between Nashville and the Kings?

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
Ryan Callahan, please stop saying "Vegas" like that.
There are people here in the deepest darkest ancient jagged tor moors of England. Their ancestors arrived chasing the primordial giants of the ice age, built monuments to forgotten pagan gods, fought the Roman legions and have never left this time-worn land. I sometimes have trouble understanding their thick West Country accent.

And they can pronounce "Vegas" better than Ryan Callahan.

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
This is way better than the first list. Still EANHL create a team names. I still like HC.

I’d go with Outlaws, think it sounds better than the others and kinda fits into the way they’re entering the league

Branding should be easy for fans too

“We’re all Outlaws”

Use wanted posters for the players pics

Ok I’ll stop now lol

Last edited:

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Possibly 3 minutes left to salvage Dallas' season. Sucks for them if they don't get one to tie it here.

I was counting them out yesterday but its soul searching time for Dallas. They can still win this series but they didnt play well enough at all in their own building. That team has been knocking on the door for a long time now.

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
It’s really absurd what Vegas has done with the cap. I mean kudos for them for taking advantage, but looking at the roster, and what like 10M over the cap (?), it’s crazy lol. Isn’t there a limit for using LTIR?

Reactions: LeetchisGod

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
LOL the Leafs are terminally screwed. How many seasons have they just whistled past the graveyard that is their goaltending situation and just said, 'Oh it'll work itself out.'
Goaltending hasn't really been the Leafs problem in the post season since Freddie Andersen left. Even with him it was the game 7s that were of some issue, otherwise he was good enough.

Their stars just shrink in the playoffs. Matthews had a great G2, but didn't produce in G1 or G3. And their PP is ice cold.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
The Yetis could have all-time great logos

Colorado has the "Big Foot" secondary logo, so Yetis would feel like an infringement, but would spark an instant rivalry between state neighbors. Imo, all the names feel weak and minor-league. Utah HC is too European. Utah Ice? C'mon. Outlaws is like the favorite name of minor-league football. The only one I remotely like is Mammoth.

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Skinner isn't good enough. You can't give up 9 goals in two games to one of the worst offensive teams in the playoffs.
They still scare me. The Oilers controlled most of that game and their PP is downright unstoppable when they're clicking.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
The west is a mess.

Dallas hasn't looked great and Otter hasn't been good the last 2 years in the playoffs.

Vancouver without Demko might lose to Nashville of all teams.

Can never trust Edmonton Goalies.

Fourgiev.....love that he sucks.

Kings arent very good.

Shocked if Vegas doesn't come out of the west. Pretty sure the top 4 teams in the east beat anyone not named Vegas in the west.

Reactions: CLW and duhmetreE

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
But if McDavid gets 5 assists every other game, that should be enough to squeeze out 4 wins a round!
They have no chance against Vegas if they can't shut down the Kings.

The west is a mess.

Dallas hasn't looked great and Otter hasn't been good the last 2 years in the playoffs.

Vancouver without Demko might lose to Nashville of all teams.

Can never trust Edmonton Goalies.

Fourgiev.....love that he sucks.

Kings arent very good.

Shocked if Vegas doesn't come out of the west. Pretty sure the top 4 teams in the east beat anyone not named Vegas in the west.
So much this. Much better goaltending in the East.

NYR5150

Apr 19, 2024
I sure hope you mean it would suck.
Yea... for Canada :D

They have no chance against Vegas if they can't shut down the Kings.

So much this. Much better goaltending in the East.
Winnipeg is the ONLY canadian team with a goalie capable of winning the cup.

Dallas have Oettinger but they've completely imploded.

It’s really absurd what Vegas has done with the cap. I mean kudos for them for taking advantage, but looking at the roster, and what like 10M over the cap (?), it’s crazy lol. Isn’t there a limit for using LTIR?
Vegas has never once ICED a team over the cap, just FYI. They've done "more" BS than Tampa, but Tampa was actually icing a team that was over the cap, where Vegas never had 18S+2G over the cap.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I went to bed when the game ended in a tie. I figured OT would go on for a long time. If I stayed up it would have taken at least an hour. LOL

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
Colorado has the "Big Foot" secondary logo, so Yetis would feel like an infringement, but would spark an instant rivalry between state neighbors. Imo, all the names feel weak and minor-league. Utah HC is too European. Utah Ice? C'mon. Outlaws is like the favorite name of minor-league football. The only one I remotely like is Mammoth.
Mammoth also could be a great logo

Reactions: LeetchisGod

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I hear you. They actually have a deep team this year. If they lose vs the Kings it would be a disaster IMO.
They didn’t continue to invest in their D.
They’ve got a great group of forwards, but one d pair and no goalie.
That’s not a deep team.

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
They didn’t continue to invest in their D.
They’ve got a great group of forwards, but one d pair and no goalie.
That’s not a deep team.
I meant to say their forwards. They have much more depth behind their big 2 (plus Hyman).
Even with mediocre defense they can not lose to the Kings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad