Around the NHL - Part XLII - (Playoffs Edition)

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
Not even
They're better now. We lost to them at the corona playoffs before that. lol
FFS man, this Rangers team has very little in common with previous years as demonstrated over an 82 game sample size.

Am I crazy for saying, after watching many of these playoff games, that no other team in these playoffs scare me?
Agreed. This is a year with a lot of parity and no real runaway powerhouses.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I'm not gonna make any playoff predictions, but I have to say,... I'll be very glad we only have to play one team in the west. IMO, there isn't a team in the west that I don't fear. Every team in the western conference is dangerous. Except maybe LA. The Oilers look like they will roll over them. I don't look forward in facing EDM, or COL, or VGK, or VAN. Even WIN or NASH.

In the east, who must we worry about? Maybe the Canes and that's it. Freddy Andersen has only lost once in 12 games, since returning from blood clots.

I sure thought Wash would put up more of a fight, but they looked overmatched and absolutely cooked after just one game. A sweep is a very real possibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Lindy

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
VGK won their game with only 15 shots on goal - I wonder what the record is for fewest shots on goal to win an NHL playoff game (and I have no idea how one would even look that up)

Reactions: gabevh3

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
I'm not gonna make any playoff predictions, but I have to say,... I'll be very glad we only have to play one team in the west. IMO, there isn't a team in the west that I don't fear. Every team in the western conference is dangerous. Except maybe LA. The Oilers look like they will roll over them. I don't look forward in facing EDM, or COL, or VGK, or VAN. Even WIN or NASH.

In the east, who must we worry about? Maybe the Canes and that's it. Freddy Andersen has only lost once in 12 games, since returning from blood clots.

I sure thought Wash would put up more of a fight, but they looked overmatched and absolutely cooked after just one game. A sweep is a very real possibility.
The goaltending out West and even in the East (other than Varlamov) has been from comical to average at best. It really makes every team beatable. We haven't really seen Igor tested yet but he stopped everything that came his way other than the multiple skate deflection goal.

Reactions: ohbaby

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad