Around the NHL - Part XLII - (2023-24 Season edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BleedBlueNYR

Jan 25, 2019
New York
That's total bull. It was way more than a minute, that I can guarantee and bet the house on. I watched both games simultaneously, and Detroit was already playing in OT when Torts pulled the goalie.
Detroit's 3rd period started more than 6 minutes earlier than the Caps 3rd. That doesn't mean there was a 6 minute difference, but it shows it was easy enough for Torts to follow along,.. what was going on in the other game. Having someone in his staff keeping tabs.
Why the f*** would torts give a crap about the other game going on? He only knew his team needed to win in regulation and tried to go out and do it. Maybe Detroit shouldn’t have put themselves in that position. They absolutely pissed the season away they can only blame themselves.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.

Please go with hockey club or hc, lol the other names are terrible.

These names are friggin embarrassing. Just go with Yutes please.
IMG_7755.gif

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Why the f*** would torts give a crap about the other game going on?......
Simple. Because you never throw away a chance at a victory, even when you are eliminated. And they were eliminated, before Torts pulled the goalie, and he should have known this.

Christ,... we all saw this coming except him? How could you not see how insane this was?

Last edited:

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Simple. Because you don't throw away a chance at a victory, even when you are eliminated. And they were eliminated, before Torts pulled the goalie, and he should have known this.

Christ,... we all saw this coming except him? How could you not see how insane this was?
They weren’t eliminated when he pulled the goalie. They were eliminated about 15 seconds after he pulled the goalie.

He says he didn’t know until they scored, and I’m inclined to believe him.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
They weren’t eliminated when he pulled the goalie. They were eliminated about 15 seconds after he pulled the goalie.

He says he didn’t know until they scored, and I’m inclined to believe him.
What other excuse could he have made? Of course he was gonna say that,

But it wasn't even close. Look at the tapes, I provided on the last page for proof of this. There were two breaks in the action after Detroit scored, where he could have gotten word that they were done, BEFORE he pulled the goalie.

I watch both games simultaneously, And I'm telling you it wasn't even close. And the concrete evidence is on page 301. Post # 7,511.

Everyone in hockey knows this happened. Everyone on Detroit, all the announcers, Ovechkin, everyone.... except you guys in this thread. I believe Torts knew as well and didn't give a rat's ass.

As he said in his press conference, "I was pulling him,...I'm pulling him" As if it didn't make a freaken difference. And if this was the case, he intentionally threw away a good chance at winning this game. Not to mention, costing another team a playoff berth.

I would have thought Rangers Fans would have paid close attention to this, cause who would you rather face Detroit or Wash? The Caps are much more stingy defensively.

Last edited:

archanfelnsx

Feb 25, 2018
What other excuse could he have made? Of course he was gonna say that,

But it wasn't even close. Look at the tapes, I provided on the last page for proof of this. There were two breaks in the action after Detroit scored, where he could have gotten word that they were done, BEFORE he pulled the goalie.

I watch both games simultaneously, And I'm telling you it wasn't even close. And the concrete evidence is on page 301. Post # 7,511.

Everyone in hockey knows this happened. Everyone on Detroit, all the announcers, Ovechkin, everyone.... except you guys in this thread. I believe Torts knew as well and didn't give a rat's ass.

As he said in his press conference, "I was pulling him,...I'm pulling him" As if it didn't make a freaken difference. And if this was the case, he intentionally threw away a good chance at winning this game. Not to mention, costing another team a playoff berth.

I would have thought Rangers Fans would have paid close attention to this, cause who would you rather face Detroit or Wash? The Caps are much more stingy defensively.

The Flyers were definitely eliminated well before Torts pulled the goalie. The Flyers broadcast even said that Detroit tied the game with seconds left before the goalie was pulled. And there was definitely a few mins in between the time they said that til the goalie was pulled.

Reactions: ohbaby

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
The Flyers were definitely eliminated well before Torts pulled the goalie. The Flyers broadcast even said that Detroit tied the game with seconds left before the goalie was pulled. And there was definitely a few mins in between the time they said that til the goalie was pulled.
You are the first person to agree with me in this thread. And I find that unbelievable when it was so obvious. Even worse was the pushback I received, that I didn't know what I was talking about. It was like living in bizarro world. Up is down, black is white, just incredible.

Last edited:
Reactions: trueblue30nyr

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
The sucky player Vatrano puts up a hat-trick against vegas and has 37 goals on the year

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Dallas is pissed.

LA would have been a cake walk for them. Instead Edmonton gets to beat them for the 900th year in a row.

Edit: LA just gave up 3 goals in basically 2 seconds. They may end up drawing Dallas instead lmao.
Not over yet lol
Hawks tie it at 3. I am sure the Kings will find a way to get a point but still the Oilers will be licking their chops if they get LA.

What is wrong with these teams? I know the Oilers are decent but I would not want to play Dallas in the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad