Around the NHL - Part XLII - (2023-24 Season edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Longer than 4? It’s a brutal matchup for the Isles.

Special teams are going to kill them if getting pumped 5v5 doesn’t get them first.
I can see it going 6 or 7.

I don’t think they’ll win but they should grind out some victories.

Carolina goaltending is suspect imo

• Love
Reactions: leetch99

Say Hey Kid

War, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
The Washington Capitals will clinch a playoff berth: If they defeat the Philadelphia Flyers in any fashion (7 p.m. ET; MNMT, NBCSP, TVAS2, SNP, SNW)

If they win, we'll whup them in the POs!

Reactions: Captain Lindy

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I want to count Pittsburgh out but they have 9 lives. Detroit is playing their Stanley Cups against Montreal and can barely squeak by, and Washington playing low event games is dangerous against a team that plays like Torts Flyers.

I see Islanders fans talking about resting guys Wednesday against PIT. Would be a gutless move to cool themselves down when theyve been raging hot but it would be the window Pittsburgh needs.
Yup. Montreal is playing hard and Detroit needed a minor miracle to beat them at home last night. I also see Philly as very capable of beating Washington and Pitt will beat NYI. There is a real possibility they squeak in.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Attended the Pens vs Caps a couple of weeks ago. Lindgren did not play like an NHL caliber goalie, he was really bad. The only thing he’s stealing is his next contract.
Guy has been tremendous this year. He has saved the Caps season but he is bound to have a few bad games based on the fact he is running on fumes mentally and physically. He goes into each game knowing he can't give up more than a goal or two.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
from what i gather , Flyers can still somehow make the playoffs if they beat Washington in regulation and Pitts and Detroit lose in regulation. That would be something.
I think only the Caps control their destiny. Win in regulation and they're in no matter what other teams do. Win in OT or shootout and then they need stuff to happen elsewhere.

Say Hey Kid

War, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
  • Wow

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Nope. The Washington Capitals will clinch a playoff berth: If they defeat the Philadelphia Flyers in any fashion. 2024 NHL playoff race tracker: Projected first-round matchups with three days left in regular season
It seems every damn year we play that team (or Pittsburgh) in the playoffs. Not again. Please.

The Washington Capitals will clinch a playoff berth:

If they defeat the Philadelphia Flyers in any fashion (7 p.m. ET; MNMT, NBCSP, TVAS2, SNP, SNW)

The Detroit Red Wings will clinch a playoff berth:

If they defeat the Montreal Canadiens in any fashion (7 p.m. ET; RDS, TSN2, BSDET) AND the Capitals lose to the Flyers in any fashion

The Boston Bruins will clinch the Atlantic Division:

If they defeat the Ottawa Senators in any fashion (7 p.m. ET; NESN, TSN5, RDS2) OR if they get one point AND the Florida Panthers lose to the Toronto Maple Leafs in any fashion (7:30 p.m. ET; ESPN, TSN4)

The Panthers will clinch the Atlantic Division:

If they defeat the Maple Leafs in any fashion AND the Bruins lose to the Senators in any fashion OR if they get one point AND the Bruins lose in regulation

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
It seems every damn year we play that team (or Pittsburgh) in the playoffs. Not again. Please.

If they defeat the Philadelphia Flyers in any fashion (7 p.m. ET; MNMT, NBCSP, TVAS2, SNP, SNW)

If they defeat the Montreal Canadiens in any fashion (7 p.m. ET; RDS, TSN2, BSDET) AND the Capitals lose to the Flyers in any fashion

If they defeat the Ottawa Senators in any fashion (7 p.m. ET; NESN, TSN5, RDS2) OR if they get one point AND the Florida Panthers lose to the Toronto Maple Leafs in any fashion (7:30 p.m. ET; ESPN, TSN4)

If they defeat the Maple Leafs in any fashion AND the Bruins lose to the Senators in any fashion OR if they get one point AND the Bruins lose in regulation
Flyers clinch if they beat Washington in regulation and everyone else loses. It's crazy, I had to go down the list but with that RW those two teams time on RW, ROW, W, and even games won against each other. This game will be the tie breaker for that tie breaker. If the game is tied late in regulation, you could see the Flyers pull their goalie.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Flyers clinch if they beat Washington in regulation and everyone else loses. It's crazy, I had to go down the list but with that RW those two teams time on RW, ROW, W, and even games won against each other. This game will be the tie breaker for that tie breaker. If the game is tied late in regulation, you could see the Flyers pull their goalie.
There’s a tweet from servalli that outlines all the conditions.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Give me anyone but the Pens. Really worried about the officiating in a Pens series.

You know, it’s sad that we have to make comments like this, but it’s absolutely true.

The refs effectively ruined the 2022 series for me. It’s remarkable how one-sided they are when Pittsburgh is playing.

Not to the same degree, but I have major concerns about it with the Capitals as well.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
You know, it’s sad that we have to make comments like this, but it’s absolutely true.

The refs effectively ruined the 2022 series for me. It’s remarkable how one-sided they are when Pittsburgh is playing.

Not to the same degree, but I have major concerns about it with the Capitals as well.
I just want nothing to do with Tom Wilson at the beginning of what will hopefully be a long playoff run.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut

They will certainly pull the goalie.

Gonna be quite the night of hockey. Hopefully we find out tonight who we're gonna play

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

We haven’t played Washington since like 2015

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Caps and Flyers will be very interesting. Could see a goalie pulled in a tied game towards the end of the 3rd period. Flyers need the RW just to survive.

Caps win they are in, and the Rangers play the Caps, obviously.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Wings have very little to worry about outside of Larkin and Raymond . I actually have been really impressed by Larkin as he has played like a man on fire for them . I never realized just how good he is . 110 % PURE Effort every shift much like another star Crosby . Making 8.7 and he is earning it .I do wonder though how much he would have left in the tank for playoffs ?

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Wings have very little to worry about outside of Larkin and Raymond . I actually have been really impressed by Larkin as he has played like a man on fire for them . I never realized just how good he is . 110 % PURE Effort every shift much like another star Crosby . Making 8.7 and he is earning it .I do wonder though how much he would have left in the tank for playoffs ?
I mean DeBrincat can get hot for a 7 game stretch. A true sniper when he's on.

Reactions: leetch99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad