Around the NHL - Part XLII - (2023-24 Season edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
I mean. It’s not a slam dunk. It’s absolutely down to opinion there. I love, love, love Fox but we’re splitting hairs amongst the elite of the elite here.

After Matthews and Tkachuk, I think I'd take Fox at 3 personally

I probably take everyone but McAvoy over Fox...but even that's a coin flip.

I admittedly thought they'd all have Fox as the top d-man taken.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I find doing redrafts to be one of the dumbest "I'm bored and need something to do" ideas of all time. They're completely based on 20/20 hindsight. So-and-so is now an underachiever, looking at his numbers, so if I had to draft all over again, I would not have picked him at #2 but #12 instead. Listen to what you're saying.

In hindsight, I should've dated Person B instead of Person A because Person A turned out to be a crazy lunatic.

End of rant

Last edited:

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I find doing redrafts to be one of the dumbest "I'm bored and need something to do" ideas of all time. They're completely based on 20/20 hindsight. So-and-so is now an underachiever, looking at his numbers, so if I had to draft all over again, I would not have picked him at #2 but #12 instead. Listen to what you're saying.

In hindsight, I should've dated Person B instead of Person A because Person A turned out to be a crazy lunatic.

End of rant
Sounds like what someone who’s a fan of a team with the drafting history of the Rangers would say :sarcasm:

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Sounds like what someone who’s a fan of a team with the drafting history of the Rangers would say :sarcasm:
I feel the same way about redrafts in the NFL. And the Giants are my team; a franchise that has drafted well enough to consistently win one championship every decade since the 1980s.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Let's call it what it actually is, Rank the Players in the Draft by their Statistics and How They Turned Out

Reactions: tlk

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

End of rant

You angry or Hangry dude? Lol

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
McAvoy has physicality that Fox simply doesn’t. Does that matter? Maybe not, but the only knock on Fox is that he seems to wear down over the course of the season.

I don’t think taking McAvoy over Fox is insane even if I don’t do it personally.

Fair point

End of rant

Howden is #1 overall in my redraft of 2016

Reactions: will1066

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
People forget that a corner kick is just an artificial way to ensure that the beautiful game embraces the royal road revolution.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Jeff Speakman. Change my mind.
Dayum. I thought about mentioning Jeff Speakman but was like, who the hell is gonna know who he is? Even Dacascos was a stretch but at least he was the Chairman on Iron Chef and Zero in John Wick 3.

Reactions: Cmox

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
The Lady Byng couldnt be more subjective a trophy.

"Given annually to the player voted best to combine sportsmanship, gentlemanly conduct and ability as voted on by the Professional Hockey Writers' Association."

How is Hughes up for this award when he is one of the cockiest players on the ice? Staring at the fans after he scores? No disrespect to him, hes an awesome player and can do whatever he wants. I love the swagger... but its definitely not what i think a Lady Byng winner would be.

Reactions: Speedtrials

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad