Around the NHL - Part XLII - (2023-24 Season edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Travis Green very positive after a loss, they should keep him. Great coach.

People pay to watch Jack play but they don't pay to watch him address the media in the post game. The Hughes boys are immediately chauffeured to a chucke E. Cheese to unwind after the game.

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
I stick by what I've said - the keystone cops devils have a hugheses problem - to get better they're going to need a professional coach and GM who's going to end the current situation and run the team to win. But the devils have never been a smart organization so they're just going to let this situation rot. For f***'s sake they can't even bench luke hughes or give him time to learn how to play the game because little jackie's going to throw another fit. What a mickey mouse team. But you know the core is top in the league... LOL.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
Pretty sure I saw fans on their boards yesterday talking about how they sneak in and easily beat us. Oops. They got out hit yesterday 38-15. Hughes getting healthier isn't what they need, and clearly this new goalie rotation doesn't solve anything either. They are where we were a few years ago. They need grit bad. They should get Goodrow from us and trade for Reaves. It may get their dynasty started sooner, but i'm willing to part with Barclay.

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
I almost pity the Debbie’s at this point.

From a business standpoint, the NHL has done a great job with parity and keeping the standings close for bubble teams down the stretch.

Unfortunately, that also can be really deceiving for some who see they are ‘only’ 5 or 6 pts from a wild card spot. In reality, you need to jump several teams in 10 games or so. In reality, you’re the Debbie’s…

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
The Devils will be better next year. They lost Hamilton early to an already depleted defense. Meier sucked until just recently. I have to assume he will get back to normal. Their goalies sucked. They’ll remedy that.

I think expectations were too high but they should be a playoff team next year.

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
The Devils will be better next year. They lost Hamilton early to an already depleted defense. Meier sucked until just recently. I have to assume he will get back to normal. Their goalies sucked. They’ll remedy that.

I think expectations were too high but they should be a playoff team next year.

Assuming Jackie boy doesn't get drilled or he hurts himself.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

turcotte8

Feb 15, 2008
NY
hughes.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad