Around the NHL - Part XLI - (Playoffs Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Maurice is full of class. What a fantastic eloquent interview...never seen anything like that from the losing coach in any sport.
I've always really liked him.

Does the NHLPA have a store that sells blondes for these guys to shop at? All their wives look identical to one another.
I've noticed that. Most hockey wives are blondes. Weird.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Heres a fun fact that I saw earlier today.

Of EVERY player who has 500+ minutes in the playoffs since 2015, Marc Staal has the LOWEST xGF% relative to his teammates.

Lower than Dan Girardi
Lower than Radko Gudas
Lower than every other player in the league who is also really bad.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Had the Rangers decided to build their team the same way Vegas did this place would have gone full @mas0764

They gave up a ton to get Pacioretty who they had to give away for free
They gave up less to get Stone and then signed him to a big deal, he's missed a ton of time.
They gave up a decent haul for Eichel, who needed pretty significant surgery and has continued to miss a decent amount of time.
They handed out a big UFA contract to Pietrangelo who has been pretty bad for them.

They have zero first round picks on their roster and one one of their own draft picks overall. I get that being an expansion team means that they started from a different base (and some of those guys were impactful) but to have one home grown player 6 years in? Could you imagine had that happened here lol.

It would be nice if the Rangers got out of Panarin what Vegas has gotten out of Stone in the playoffs.

The Knights are an outlier and even at that we are all in favor of trading assets for young, long term forwards like Stone and Eichel, both of whom might be better all around than any forward we have.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
The Knights are an outlier and even at that we are all in favor of trading assets for young, long term forwards like Stone and Eichel, both of whom might be better all around than any forward we have.

So 2 outliers out of the last 5 winners? Doesn't seem like they're really outliers then.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Young like Stone? He was 27 when they traded for him and proceeded to spend every season since then hurt. Eichel was younger, but he too has spent every year hurt. You would have been shitting the bed if we made those deals. Don't bullshit a bullshitter.

Also, I'm thinking some of these injuries are horseshit. Vegas milked them so they could ice a team 10 million over the cap. Like Tampa. If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
What was Vegas cap # in the playoffs? Did it surpass Tampa from a couple years ago?

Drury didn’t have the balls to put Lindgren on LTIR. Could have added another piece. But we’re the Rangers

People want to point to conspiracy theories with leaked bs but I can pretty much guarantee the reason why Rammer is no longer here is because he probably told Drury that Lindgren would have been ready before he hurt himself again.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Young like Stone? He was 27 when they traded for him and proceeded to spend every season since then hurt. Eichel was younger, but he too has spent every year hurt. You would have been shitting the bed if we made those deals. Don't bullshit a bullshitter.

Also, I'm thinking some of these injuries are horseshit. Vegas milked them so they could ice a team 10 million over the cap. Like Tampa. If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin.
Stone was 26 I believe, Eichel 25. And I was banging the drum for Eichel.

I would obviously prefer young 18 year old stars but second to that is trading for established 24, 25 and 26 year old stars.

I’m not bullshitting anything. I was very pro Eichel and I often cited the Mark Stone trade in what we should be looking for with a Nils deal.

Reactions: MrAlmost

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Stone was 26 I believe, Eichel 25. And I was banging the drum for Eichel.

I would obviously prefer young 18 year old stars but second to that is trading for established 24, 25 and 26 year old stars.

I’m not bullshitting anything. I was very pro Eichel and I often cited the Mark Stone trade in what we should be looking for with a Nils deal.

Eichel cost quite a bit. Krebs, Tuch, a 1st and a 2nd and Buffalo had no interest in trading him to the Rangers. Couple that with a risky/unproven surgery, it was still the right call at the time.

Tuch alone had 79 points in 74 games this year and a higher points per game than Eichel did. And he's 27 (was 26). Buffalo did pretty well there too.

The Stone trade was a home run.

Reactions: will1066

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
This is like having a middleweight championship fight... but one fighter is allowed to come in a 205lbs at wiegh ins because of a Doctors note. It's dumb. It's a massive competitive advantage. Kills any form of integrity

The league sets hard parameters to foster some form of 'parity'. When you actually get to the Playoffs, those parameters no longer matter. It truly is amazing. The only way it changes is if the Rangers abuse it.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
He was probably getting bad information from Ramsey which is possibly why he was let go - the ensuing cap shenanigans that didn't have to be if they put Lindgren on LTIR when they should have.

For sure contributed to Rammer’s firing. The fact that Lindgren came back, played a shift then left again was a terrible look and certainly going off the expertise of the trainer. Could’ve given a bad rec on Kane as well, the hip was clearly an issue.

We absolutely need to take advantage of LTIR however we can this season. The right deadline addition can absolutely unlock teams in the playoffs. Look at Barbashev this year. Lehkonen last year.

Zynbanejad

To Blais or Not To Blais
Jul 7, 2010
Another year, another group of ex-Rangers hoisting the cup
2023: Howden-Marchessault (even though he didn't play for the parent club, HFBoards remembers!)
2022: J.Johnson
2021: McDonagh
2020: McDonagh-Shattenkirk
2017: Hagelin
2016: Hagelin
2015: Richards-Rozsival
2014: Gaborik
2013: Rozsival
Didn't know Marchessault played for the Pack Whale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad