Around the NHL - Part 1

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Canucks with 5 shots midway through a Game 7. Playing a backup because Tocchet ran the starter into the ground. I like Tocchet as a person but this is Arizona all over again. The magical season in Vancouver appears to be turning into a pumpkin.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Canucks with 5 shots midway through a Game 7. Playing a backup because Tocchet ran the starter into the ground. I like Tocchet as a person but this is Arizona all over again. The magical season in Vancouver appears to be turning into a pumpkin.
Luckily it doesn’t even matter because either one of these teams is going to get rolled by DAL in 5

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Definitely didn’t have Rick Tocchet winning the Jack Adams on my 2024 bingo card.
The Canucks already had an exceptional core. Their front office shored up their depth and they started killing penalties as a result. Demko was fire in the regular season, Silovs in the playoffs. Their goalie coach, Ian Clark, deserves some coaching recognition but Tocchet merely held serve on this one. Congrats and good job and all but I remain glad he is a Canuck and Bear is a Coyote.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
The Canucks already had an exceptional core. Their front office shored up their depth and they started killing penalties as a result. Demko was fire in the regular season, Silovs in the playoffs. Their goalie coach, Ian Clark, deserves some coaching recognition but Tocchet merely held serve on this one. Congrats and good job and all but I remain glad he is a Canuck and Bear is a Coyote.
Yeah, I firmly believe that there are different types of coaches that are better for certain types of groups or dynamics. Sometimes a coach may be a good coach but not the right fit for the group and I think that was the case with Tocchet in AZ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad