Around the NHL - Part 1

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Very happy to say, Logan Cooley is not a 1...

1714491566562.png

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Dave the man no players want to play for must be bummed. Thinking not again it's just like Philadelphia. Supposedly, nobody likes him yet somehow gets re-hired as coach. Go figure that one out.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
There is a decent crop of names available right now. Going Green feels like going cheap. I thought things were supposed to change in Ottawa?

Maybe they want to start over and don't intend to be competitive for a few seasons while some prospects develop. I don't get it otherwise.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Cheapskates.

Is that what you thought when BA hired AT? Green I think, is well thought of in the NHL coaching community. I think he deserves another chance. Not sure with Ottawa is the right fit though, but who knows.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Ottawa also interviewed McLellan, Berube, and Evason. I'd take any of them over Green.

It's kind of funny how teams get so hung up on salary for coaches. Let's say the guy you want is $2M more than what you'd want to pay. Well this year we paid out $2M for Liam O'Brien and Josh Brown. And between the coach and those two bozos, who is going to have more impact on the team?

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
So not only did the Oilers blow a 4-1 lead, they also went without a shot in the 21-minute span in which the Canucks scored 4 times to complete the comeback.

giphy.gif
The Canucks had their third string goalie in net as well. If Demko is done for the playoffs I don't see the Canucks beating the Oilers.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Ottawa also interviewed McLellan, Berube, and Evason. I'd take any of them over Green.

It's kind of funny how teams get so hung up on salary for coaches. Let's say the guy you want is $2M more than what you'd want to pay. Well this year we paid out $2M for Liam O'Brien and Josh Brown. And between the coach and those two bozos, who is going to have more impact on the team?
You are assuming again. Who knows if any of those coaches wanted the Senators job. It takes two to dance.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
There are way more candidates right now than there are open jobs, so if you want to work, better pick now. Only 4 vacancies: San Jose, Seattle, Winnipeg, and New Jersey.

From that list, Ottawa would be middle of the pack in terms of both livability and competitiveness.

And beyond Toronto/Keefe, everyone else is likely safe, so nothing else is coming. All but 5 NHL coaches have been hired in the last 2 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad