Around the NHL II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I can't really tell what the Habs' identity as a team is anymore. They used to be small, fast and tenacious, but with how slow they are nowadays that tenacity has kinda gone away.

Price could still steal this series, but there is no doubt that the Leafs are heavy favorites even without Tavares.

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
Carrying on from the other thread that was the dumbest coach's challenge ever plus it looked like Bergevin called down to the bench to challenge it. Can you imagine what would happen around here if Chevy called down to PoMo to challenge for goaltender's interference when it's rather obvious there's nothing worthy of a challenge? :laugh:

MarkWheeler

Dec 16, 2018
Sheesh, with a bonehead coaches challenge like that they deserve to lose this game. I couldn’t believe it watching that.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
The Leafs are a better team than Montreal. But that organisation seems to have major heebie jeebies and you can tell they are looking for ways to blow it. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see a game 7 nail biter

Reactions: Flair Hay

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Minny on a 4 minute power play

Whitecloud gave Parise a new lip

Edit: nothing on the power play

Last edited:

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Matthews with 3 points. SN will be praising Matthews as godlike while simultaneously making him out to be better and a better playoff performer than McDavid.

McDavid will be an absolute possessed maniac in game 3 after listening to that all day tomorrow. I hope I'm wrong.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Matthews with 3 points. SN will be praising Matthews as godlike while simultaneously making him out to be better and a better playoff performer than McDavid.

McDavid will be an absolute possessed maniac in game 3 after listening to that all day tomorrow. I hope I'm wrong.
Neither compare to the other M right now

Reactions: Mooche

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
BTW, in the last thread some people were wondering why the trainers "let" Tavares try to stand up - I came across a fascinating breakdown by an MD who analyzes sports injuries on YT - seems legit:

(TL;DW- the trainers apparently did an excellent job of managing a strong, disoriented athlete, and likely helped prevent the injury from getting worse)

Reactions: surixon

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Hopefully the officiating isn’t as bad for us tomorrow as it was in the Leafs/Habs game tonight. Didn’t even try to hide their agenda, quite embarrassing for the league, really.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Hopefully the officiating isn’t as bad for us tomorrow as it was in the Leafs/Habs game tonight. Didn’t even try to hide their agenda, quite embarrassing for the league, really.

I would not be surprised if the PPs heavily favoured the Oilers today.

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I would not be surprised if the PPs heavily favoured the Oilers today.
Nor I. The agenda last night was clearly “we need to get Toronto back into this series.” One of the worst officiated games of the year. Were I a Habs fan, I’d be livid.

Usually the officials try to disguise their biases — last night was blatant. They know they need it to be a close series for ratings.

You already saw something similar with the refs trying to get Edmonton back in the series last game with two Tempur-Pedic mattress-soft calls to give the Oilers a two-man advantage.

Last edited:

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Watching Nash / Car

The NHL needs to put out a statement saying that standing while the play is on increases your chances of catching covid.. especially when you are in the first row on the glass. Also, banging on the glass is a sure way to get infected.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Huh, didn't even notice that former Winnipeg Jets coach Rick Bowness is back in the league with Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad