OT: Around the NHL: Go Cats Go

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Wonder if we’ll get a Rags/Nucks SCF
Only if Bure and Richter come out of retirement for a grudge match.

It’s gonna be Stars/Cats though. It’s going to be entertaining as hell and it’ll be more fun to watch all the fans up North have bees in their bonnets about 2 Southern US teams playing for the trophy they can only see by buying a ticket to the HHOF.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Only if Bure and Richter come out of retirement for a grudge match.

It’s gonna be Stars/Cats though. It’s going to be entertaining as hell and it’ll be more fun to watch all the fans up North have bees in their bonnets about 2 Southern US teams playing for the trophy they can only see by buying a ticket to the HHOF.

I hope so. This would be the best outcome IMO.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I still have trouble seeing the Stars as this fast, young, exciting team when I remember the boring Hitchcock/Lehtinen/Belfour days of yore.
They had that one Ruff year in 2016 where they were the best offense in the league w/ no defense.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
We all know Rags did that on purpose because Crosby was killing them and they had to do something so they could win the series. That was our last best chance at a run and they did that.
The rat was right. It’s an effective strategy in the NHL to purposefully injure the other team’s best players. Which is crazy this day and age. Imagine if someone purposefully injured Mahomes in an NFL playoff game.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
We all know Rags did that on purpose because Crosby was killing them and they had to do something so they could win the series. That was our last best chance at a run and they did that.
People who were mostly unfamiliar with him stupidly gave him the benefit of the doubt and then he’s done nothing but elbow people since.

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
The Oilers really are their own worst nightmares when it comes to crippling their own depth. Tonight they not only once again put McDavid, Draisaitl and Hyman on the same line, but they also play 5 of their forwards under 10 minutes.

They literally do it to themselves and then wonder why the depth doesn't produce.

Sounds like the penguins under Mike Sullivan. Five forwards under ten minutes a night.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
The rat was right. It’s an effective strategy in the NHL to purposefully injure the other team’s best players. Which is crazy this day and age. Imagine if someone purposefully injured Mahomes in an NFL playoff game.
No idea who that is but it’s a strategy for losers that can’t win fairly because they are not good enough.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
No idea who that is but it’s a strategy for losers that can’t win fairly because they are not good enough.
You’ve never heard of Marchand referred to as a rat?

I mean it’s not a strategy for loser though. Trouba has made a case of it and he’s going to the conference finals. The NHL actively awards that type of play.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
You’ve never heard of Marchand referred to as a rat?

I mean it’s not a strategy for loser though. Trouba has made a case of it and he’s going to the conference finals. The NHL actively awards that type of play.
Was referring to the NFL guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad