Around the NHL 2023 - Playoffs 2024

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Colorado is toast.

Yep- I don't know how much the loss/distraction of Nichushkin affected the team mentally, but they looked completely out of it from the opening faceoff.

I am going to call it right now- I think Dallas is going to win the Cup (as much as I HATE to say that)

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Colorado is toast.
Georgiev has had 1 game above .900 sv% against Dallas. Other than the 1st game against Winnipeg, he was quite good against them. Dallas has just been picking him apart.

Yep- I don't know how much the loss/distraction of Nichushkin affected the team mentally, but they looked completely out of it from the opening faceoff.

I am going to call it right now- I think Dallas is going to win the Cup (as much as I HATE to say that)
Could that be the Duchene curse? You buy him out and you pay him to win the cup elsewhere?

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro

They have Duchene on the roster. They’re not allowed to win the cup. That’s the voodoo they chose.

Reactions: bdub24

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Watching Avs last night- it hit me that Sam Girard is now in his SEVENTH season and he just now turned 26 years old. That kind of blows my mind....

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Watching Avs last night- it hit me that Sam Girard is now in his SEVENTH season and he just now turned 26 years old. That kind of blows my mind....
Was thinking the same thing as he got blown by for that goal. Nice player, but certainly has his limitations that are unlikely to change at this point of his development.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I don't care anything about the Canes- in fact, for some reason I have a mild dislike for them. But watching this series and particularly last night's epic failure, I felt their pain almost like it was the Preds losing.

I've said this before but it bears repeating. I am a fan of just about every major sport, college and pro- have a team that I am hugely passionate about in each- and there is no other sport that comes close to ripping your heart out/crushing your soul like the NHL playoffs. It is just BRUTAL. I still have not gotten over, and may never get over- that game 4 Canucks loss in Bridgestone- lol

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Carolina out.

Wonder what they're gonna do this offseason. They got some expensive players going UFA and some potential big contracts to hand out to RFAs and about 27 million in capspace.

Major Ufas
Guentzel
Teravainen
Pesce
Skjei

Minor UFAs
Matinook
Noesen

RFAs
Necas
Drury
Jarvis

Jarvis doesn't have arbitration rights and Drury shouldnot be terribly expensive. Necas will be expensive.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Carolina out.

Wonder what they're gonna do this offseason. They got some expensive players going UFA and some potential big contracts to hand out to RFAs and about 27 million in capspace.

Major Ufas
Guentzel
Teravainen
Pesce
Skjei

Minor UFAs
Matinook
Noesen

RFAs
Necas
Drury
Jarvis

Jarvis doesn't have arbitration rights and Drury shouldnot be terribly expensive. Necas will be expensive.
Will be very interesting to see where Guentzel winds up.......

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Will be very interesting to see where Guentzel winds up.......
Friedman reporting Pesce likely to be a UFA, Necas is also likely to be traded, and Kotkaniemi could be bought out. Lots of potential targets for us from that team. It wasn't the sole reason they lost but goaltending was rough for them so have to think they'd at least consider Saros.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Friedman reporting Pesce likely to be a UFA, Necas is also likely to be traded, and Kotkaniemi could be bought out. Lots of potential targets for us from that team. It wasn't the sole reason they lost but goaltending was rough for them so have to think they'd at least consider Saros.
Yep- Andersen was brutal last night.......

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I haven't ever really watched much of Necas but I think Necas is generally considered to be pretty poor defensively whereas Marner is at least above average.

FWIW I saw that Evolving Hockey has a projected Necas contract in the $7.5M x 7year range. That's a lot for a guy who isn't a surefire top liner. Given the choice I'd still prefer to pay a bit more and give up more assets to get Marner.

Reactions: Armourboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad