Around the NHL 2023 - Playoffs 2024

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Nobody wants the last two playoff spots in the East. Flyers have lost 6 in a row but are still in because the Caps have lost 5 in a row. I won't be too upset if we give the Isles their customary OTL point tonight.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Vegas lost in spectacular fashion last night.
Something about Arizona... crazy how badly they suck most of the time but yet can do shit to competitive teams like us and Vegas

Edit to add... Canucks v Kings tonight is interesting. A Vancouver win makes it more likely we play them, whereas a Vancouver loss makes them more likely to face the Kings(or Vegas)

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Well Sharks won in OT so no clinch but Cooley gets his first NHL win and the magic number is now 3

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Well bite my ass and call me an apple. Penguins are actually back in a playoff spot on points percentage over Philly. They were left for dead two weeks ago.

• Wow
Reactions: hido

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Blues are now in the position where they are essentially locked into pick #16. We have to lose every game in regulation including games against Chicago and Columbus and they have to win every game including games against Carolina and Dallas.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Looks like Coyotes may be moving sooner rather than later.
Yeah they can't play in a tiny arena for multiple years. Best face saving scenario is move to SLC now and promise the Phoenix area a shot at an expansion franchise later

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Yeah they can't play in a tiny arena for multiple years. Best face saving scenario is move to SLC now and promise the Phoenix area a shot at an expansion franchise later

As quoted by the hockey guy on youtube, we could be seeing an expansion round of Phoenix and Atlanta....with generous expansion rules. Justice for those cities but sucks for us.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I'm a bit gutted if this is it. Kings were always my main team growing up, but a black Kachina Yotes jersey was first hockey jersey I owned. Tkachuk, Numinen, Khabibulin, Ronning, Gartner, Tverdovsky...loved that team. I know there's this (really strange) disdain for the Coyotes on this board, but this is really sad to see. Hopefully someday, similar to Atlanta, they'll get a chance with an owner that isn't an idiot, charlatan, or grifter.

f***ing bummer...

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I'm a bit gutted if this is it. Kings were always my main team growing up, but a black Kachina Yotes jersey was first hockey jersey I owned. Tkachuk, Numinen, Khabibulin, Ronning, Gartner, Tverdovsky...loved that team. I know there's this (really strange) disdain for the Coyotes on this board, but this is really sad to see. Hopefully someday, similar to Atlanta, they'll get a chance with an owner that isn't an idiot, charlatan, or grifter.

f***ing bummer...
The disdain stems from losing two playoff series to them. Otherwise they would have our sympathy.

Reactions: SouthNash and hido

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
The disdain stems from losing two playoff series to them. Otherwise they would have our sympathy.
Yeah, I guess so. Still strange. Neither series was ever really contentious, like versus the Ducks' (whose antipathy toward us I still find very silly, but a little more underatandable) and we kind of shat on ourselves in both cases more than getting truly beaten. There was never the bad blood of teams like the Blues, Stars, Hawks, Wings, Avs, but I get it, people are going to fan how they're going to fan.

Southstarpreds

Dec 15, 2023
they are going to love hockey in SLC. I mean they support that dumb bouncing a ball around shit wait till they get the NHL. They love winter sports , It makes sense SLC is like a small Denver.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I have nothing against Arizona as a team, but as a sports market they have basically been in shambles for a decade. It's more or less time to put a bullet in it to stop the suffering.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Honestly makes alot of sense to go that route. SLC gets a ready made team. Do they have a NHL size hockey arena? Arizona gets time to get their crap in order and get a new arena location chosen and built. Then they can pick up a new expansion team. Sucks to start from scratch but as Vegas has shown if done properly given the newer expansion rules you can create a competitive team very fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: PredsV82

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Honestly makes alot of sense to go that route. SLC gets a ready made team. Do they have a NHL size hockey arena? Arizona gets time to get their crap in order and get a new arena location chosen and built. Then they can pick up a new expansion team. Sucks to start from scratch but as Vegas has shown if done properly given the newer expansion rules you can create a competitive team very fast.
I remember reading somewhere that the Jazz were open to sharing their arena once. Which is completely unlike in Phoenix, where the former Suns owner saw hockey as a threat and pulled out all the stops to kill the Coyotes / force them out of the area.

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022

Fun quote from Cooley after beating the Kraken.

"I check it every once in a while, but yeah, again, I just try to stay in the present moment. I just keep repeating myself like there are no thoughts. There is no future. There are thoughts. There is no future. I just said that over and over and over again. So that way, I could just take it one save at a time," Cooley explained. "Then I also say nothing matters. Nobody cares. Nothing matters. Nobody cares. So, it keeps me grounded. Like if I make a big save or I look up, I'm like, Wow, a goal on 40 shots or whatever. I'm like, I feel good. It's just like, nobody cares, you know? Nothing's really gonna matter, we're all gonna die, you know? It sounds a little grim, but it helps keep me grounded."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad