Around the NHL 2023-24 season thread - part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
yeah i've been to that arena many years ago i liked the location a lot. team goes from the burbs to the city to wanting to go back to semi burbs?

so this building is 27 years old prudential is 17 so expecting major updating talk in similar 10 years?

No chance

There could be some kind of renovation to the bulding in the next 10, 15, 20 years, but I don't think there will be a new arena.

There's not really much talk replacing any of the 90s buildings in the NHL in current time. I've never heard any talks about replacing the building in Philly, which is over 10 years older than Prudential Center.

Vancouver and Toronto have both gotta be from the mid to late 90s. Same with whatever they call the building in LA these days.

And then you got the San Jose and Anaheim buildings from about 93 or so. Tampa's building is also late 90s, same with the Panthers building. United Center in Chicago has gotta be coming up on 30 years, same with the current Garden in Boston.

Most of the league's current buildings are from between the early 90s onward, other than MSG, which had a major renovation just over a decade ago. And also Calgary from the early 80s, but the talk of replacing that has been going for a long time and I think they're supposed to get a new building before the decade ends.

The only other building I constantly hear talk of replacing is the one in Ottawa, but that's because of location more than anything to do with the shape of the building.

Reactions: My3Sons

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
No chance

There could be some kind of renovation to the bulding in the next 10, 15, 20 years, but I don't think there will be a new arena.

There's not really much talk replacing any of the 90s buildings in the NHL in current time. I've never heard any talks about replacing the building in Philly, which is over 10 years older than Prudential Center.

Vancouver and Toronto have both gotta be from the mid to late 90s. Same with whatever they call the building in LA these days.

And then you got the San Jose and Anaheim buildings from about 93 or so. Tampa's building is also late 90s, same with the Panthers building. United Center in Chicago has gotta be coming up on 30 years, same with the current Garden in Boston.

Most of the league's current buildings are from between the early 90s onward, other than MSG, which had a major renovation just over a decade ago. And also Calgary from the early 80s, but the talk of replacing that has been going for a long time and I think they're supposed to get a new building before the decade ends.

The only other building I constantly hear talk of replacing is the one in Ottawa, but that's because of location more than anything to do with the shape of the building.

updating not replacing the arena. i think philly just overwent a big time reno

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Flyers, Caps and Wings lost their games. Islanders won. We are in 5-6 points away from play off spots. Caps have 1 more game in hands, we have one more games in hands ahead of flyers.
Caps have games against detroit and flyers in the end of the year, we have games against flyers and islanders, islanders have games against us and flyers, flyers have games against us, caps and islenders(but other games are easy matchups).

Devils still have a chance in this circumstances, but mostly need to win every game.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
true.

It does actually.

I won't use that again. Oof. :oops:

In fact, I went and removed it.
It’s no problem, you didn’t have to! I was just saying that’s why I gave the big eye emoji. :nod:

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Flyers, Caps and Wings lost their games. Islanders won. We are in 5-6 points away from play off spots. Caps have 1 more game in hands, we have one more games in hands ahead of flyers.
Caps have games against detroit and flyers in the end of the year, we have games against flyers and islanders, islanders have games against us and flyers, flyers have games against us, caps and islenders(but other games are easy matchups).

Devils still have a chance in this circumstances, but mostly need to win every game.

With this team there is no such thing as an easy matchup lol

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Look at this goon

IMG_4788.jpeg

IMG_5653.jpeg

@Bleedred shoot low? Thats a lot of five hole to cover

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Perfect timing.

I’m listening to 32 thoughts right now and they’re talking about him right this second.

He’s apparently going to be the tallest goalie to ever play in the NHL. They said we’ve never seen a 6 foot 8 goalie play in the NHL.

I thought Ben Bishop was close enough?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
No chance

Terry Pegula: "Best we can do is a new video board every other team has and fixing the leaky roof".

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Swiped from a mainboard thread (I’m not proud).

In honor of this achievement, Nate Bastian will say a few words (in those sweet Reverse Retros 1.0).

The scuffle (March 16 2021, 3-2 W)

Breakdown of classic convo:
IMG_5811.jpeg

IMG_5812.jpeg

IMG_5813.jpeg
IMG_5814.jpeg

IMG_5815.jpeg

link

Skinner did actually score that game. It was Skinner’s 2nd goal and 3rd point in 25 games (hence the chirping). Bastian has 6 points (2G 4A) in 26 GP by then. (I think Nate says “I have more points than you” at some point as well.)

Last edited:

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Kind of off topic, but the way the green almost looks black on Bastian's jersey just makes me realize how good those reverse retro templates would look with black. Although the Jersey jersey has slowly grown on me.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What happens if someone accidentally puts it into their own net on a delayed penalty in overtime? Do they still lose the point?

Reactions: Nubmer6
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad