Around the NHL 2023-2024

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
4 year deal for Chief. I personally wouldn’t have taken on the headache of the Leafs and their media but then again, I’m not aware of just how many millions they offered him. I’d think there’s a pretty good chance Berube is now the highest paid coach in the game.

Not sure his overly blunt style is going to mesh well with a media that consistently overblows every little word. Should provide some entertainment though.

Reactions: Meatball and mk80

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Don't they know the magic only works if you fire your coach during the season and hire Berube for interim after that?

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Dallas was smart to swap Lundkvist for Petrovic. Dallas Stars media brought up the issue on D. If Petrovic can keep it up, Dallas should win.

Or did I just jinx it again? Who am I supposed to cheer for? I forgot.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
I love the goal post moving on broadcasts featuring the Avs in the playoffs as they keep using whatever criteria excludes McDavid/Draisaitl from sitting above MacKinnon/Rantanen in career playoff PPG. Previous years used to be minimum 50 games played, this year it's minimum 100 points.

Last edited:

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Mitch Marner is going to need to hire even more personal security.

Or a realtor and moving company.

Was gonna ask you guys what to expect from Berube and his treatment of "star" players.

We need a guy who is gonna kick ass and take names, there's seemingly no accountability with our top end guys.

Looking forward to that changing next season.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Benn just scored to tie the game and I accidentally fist pumped in celebration. Feel like I need to take a shower 🤮

Was gonna ask you guys what to expect from Berube and his treatment of "star" players.

We need a guy who is gonna kick ass and take names, there's seemingly no accountability with our top end guys.

Looking forward to that changing next season.
I think it’s a great hire for Toronto TBH. Berube can be extremely intense and hold folks accountable, but he also has a sense of humor and is generally fair/honest with his players. Very good at pushing the right buttons when the chips are down and the stakes are high.

Reactions: joe galiba and mk80

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Benn just scored to tie the game and I accidentally fist pumped in celebration. Feel like I need to take a shower 🤮

I think it’s a great hire for Toronto TBH. Berube can be extremely intense and hold folks accountable, but he also has a sense of humor and is generally fair/honest with his players. Very good at pushing the right buttons when the chips are down and the stakes are high.

I think Dallas got jobbed on the overturned OT goal... Feels dirty rooting for Dallas, but I don't want to see Colorado move on to the WCF.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Dallas got screwed by the refs and league on that call.
I think Dallas got jobbed on the overturned OT goal... Feels dirty rooting for Dallas, but I don't want to see Colorado move on to the WCF.
Agreed, awful call. I was honestly shocked they upheld the no goal on that one. Curious to see what the NHL says about the decision because they have some 'splaining to do...

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Agreed, awful call. I was honestly shocked they upheld the no goal on that one. Curious to see what the NHL says about the decision because they have some 'splaining to do...
1716010442623.png
:help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad