Around the NHL 2023-2024

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Kyrou cant even score 35+ consistently in a era where goals are way up league wide. Tarasenko was doing that practically every season while not being the worst forward defensively in the league.

Kyrou is a complimentary player, not someone who drives a team.

Tarasenko has played 14 seasons. He has scored 35 goals 3 times. We'll just call it 10 since there's at least 4 seasons where Hitch would barely let him play and now he's old and shitty. That means 30% of his seasons were 35+ goals.

Kyrou has played 6 seasons but likewise, his first 3 were more or less trials where he barely had any ice time. So let's call it 3. He has 1 35+ goal season which means 30% of his seasons.

Yes, I see how completely different they are now.

Reactions: joe galiba

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
I did not expect Dallas to be down 2-0. They were my pick to go to the finals out of the west.

Reactions: Ranksu

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I'm hoping Winnipeg can make it out of the West. Kings a distant 2nd place. Then Dallas.

If none of those teams can make it I'm putting all my hope in Carolina or NYR

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I did not expect Dallas to be down 2-0. They were my pick to go to the finals out of the west.
I’m not super surprised. They’re coached by Pete DeBoer.

A nasty thought nightmare just went through my head. The Stars fire DeBoer after they lose in the 1st round and Army hires him.

I think I’d have to take a couple years off of Blues hockey if that happened.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I'm not a big fan of Deboer and I think he has a a shorter shelf life than your average coach. But I can't really wrap my head around a narrative that he would be the kiss of death for a franchise and that hiring him would be the mark of an awful GM.

He's been to the Conference Final in 4 of the last 5 seasons. The one season he missed in that stretch was the year Vegas missed the playoffs in an injury riddled season.

In each of his last 4 stops, the team has gotten noticeably better as soon as he took over.

Again, I think his shelf life is short and I wouldn't be a fan of hiring him. But let's not act like he's some bum that only a stupid GM would want coaching their team.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Kyrou cant even score 35+ consistently in a era where goals are way up league wide. Tarasenko was doing that practically every season while not being the worst forward defensively in the league.

Kyrou is a complimentary player, not someone who drives a team.

Your ignorance never ceases to amaze me... How can you continue to be so spectacularly wrong and so confident in your falsehoods?

Tarasenko scored 35+ THREE times in his career. He scored 33/34 a further 3 times - it took him 4 years post draft to hit his first 30+ goal season, then he hit that mark in 5/8 of the next seasons putting him into the top 5 for league leading goal scorers for the 2015-2020 era. For the sake of completeness the 6th 30+ goal season was in year 11 of Vladdy's career in 2021-22 following the 2 years lost to shoulder injuries.

Kyrou after the same 4 years post draft to grow/develop has scored 30+ 2/4 times - with 14, 27, 37 and 31 goal totals.

How the f*** do you expect him to demonstrate consistent 35+ goal scoring ability when he hasn't had time to produce a body of work to evaluate?

Reactions: mk80

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I'm not a big fan of Deboer and I think he has a a shorter shelf life than your average coach. But I can't really wrap my head around a narrative that he would be the kiss of death for a franchise and that hiring him would be the mark of an awful GM.

He's been to the Conference Final in 4 of the last 5 seasons. The one season he missed in that stretch was the year Vegas missed the playoffs in an injury riddled season.

In each of his last 4 stops, the team has gotten noticeably better as soon as he took over.

Again, I think his shelf life is short and I wouldn't be a fan of hiring him. But let's not act like he's some bum that only a stupid GM would want coaching their team.
I wouldn’t want him, but his demeanor / complaining is why people don’t like him. He isn’t a bad coach.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

Just the way he whines to the media makes me absolutely f***ing hate him and if Army did hire him I would join Dizee and Blueknight or what ever in screaming for Armies head.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I'm sure we could find one. They're a dime a dozen.

He plays a pretty big role for one of the top teams in the West. I’d put him against any body on our 4th line. He’s look pretty good with Toro right now.

He plays a pretty big role for one of the top teams in the West. I’d put him against any body on our 4th line. He’s look pretty good with Toro right now.

Hell, he’d probably be on our 3rd line right now.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
We could use a guy like Joshua
Him and Maroon would be pretty nice to have together on our 4th line. Would be a pain to play against. Also would be nice to have ROR and Perron still.

If we had those guys, we’d still be a team that is heavy and hard on pucks instead of whatever we are now. Sure would be nice, but good thing we made no attempt to even retain half of them.

Reactions: Mike Liut

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Him and Maroon would be pretty nice to have together on our 4th line. Would be a pain to play against. Also would be nice to have ROR and Perron still.

If we had those guys, we’d still be a team that is heavy and hard on pucks instead of whatever we are now. Sure would be nice, but good thing we made no attempt to even retain half of them.

I hated to see Mikkola go too. Loved his physicality. We’ve transitioned into a really soft team.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

maybe we can get backes back. brian sutter can coach us. we would be one of the favorites for the '17 Cup.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Man, it’d sure be nice to have Petro…and JBo…and Steen…and ROR…and Gunnarsson…and Fabbri…and Tarasenko…and Bortuzzo…and Sanford…and Maroon…and Schwartz…and Allen…and Edmundson…and Dunn…and Barbashev…and Perron…and Bozak

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad