Around the NHL 2023-2024

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Well considering Thomas put up 4 point nights without shoot first mentality players, I don't find it a stretch to think he could put up 5 assists in a game where his wingers actually use one timers and shoot first when they get a pass. I'm sure you're going to inform me that McDavid is some god that you worship and I'm wrong though.
We’re talking about a player with three straight 120+ seasons. Back to back 130 point seasons. The first 150 point season in over 30 years. Oh and did I mention his career average of 125 points per 82 games played. You just said that Thomas could do that.

That’s just not even remotely reasonable to compare Thomas to him. And I say that as a massive Robert Thomas fan. But he sure as hell is not the best player in the world. And giving him Draisaitl wouldn’t change that.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
We’re talking about a player with three straight 120+ seasons. Back to back 130 point seasons. The first 150 point season in over 30 years. Oh and did I mention his career average of 125 points per 82 games played. You just said that Thomas could do that.

That’s just not even remotely reasonable to compare Thomas to him. And I say that as a massive Robert Thomas fan. But he sure as hell is not the best player in the world. And giving him Draisaitl wouldn’t change that.

I said Thomas could put up 5 assists in a game, like McDavid did. You need to get off my balls and stop acting like I said shit I didn't.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
I think Thatcher Demko is overrated, and his 2020 playoff performance is vastly overrated by Canucks fans, but if he's out the rest of the series Vancouver is in deep trouble against Nashville.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I think Thatcher Demko is overrated, and his 2020 playoff performance is vastly overrated by Canucks fans, but if he's out the rest of the series Vancouver is in deep trouble against Nashville.
he's been somewhat erratic (and injury prone), but when he is on he can be as good as anyone.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
couldnt happen to a more insufferable fanbase and franchise. leafs west deserves to go cupless for 1000 years.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I said Thomas could put up 5 assists in a game, like McDavid did. You need to get off my balls and stop acting like I said shit I didn't.
It’s reasonable to assume you weren’t specifically talking about 5 assists based on your words, “if they will actually shoot when he gives them a pass we're gonna be seeing Thomas entering a whole new territory of stardom.”

The inference one would make from that statement is not about increasing single-game production by one more assist. Sam Gagner’s 8-point night didn’t elevate him to a “new territory of stardom”, nor would a solitary 5-point night do the same for Thomas.

Mentioning Thommer in the same sentence as McDavid was patently ridiculous. No amount of dancing or feigning outrage changes that. I generally try to avoid engaging you because your posts are typically insufferable; truly some of the most cringeworthy takes on these forums. But when you start slinging shit at good posters like Vlady I figured it was a good time to point out that his response was fair and reasonable and yours was…typical.

Do better.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
It’s reasonable to assume you weren’t specifically talking about 5 assists based on your words, “if they will actually shoot when he gives them a pass we're gonna be seeing Thomas entering a whole new territory of stardom.”

The inference one would make from that statement is not about increasing single-game production by one more assist. Sam Gagner’s 8-point night didn’t elevate him to a “new territory of stardom”, nor would a solitary 5-point night do the same for Thomas.

Mentioning Thommer in the same sentence as McDavid was patently ridiculous. No amount of dancing or feigning outrage changes that. I generally try to avoid engaging you because your posts are typically insufferable; truly some of the most cringeworthy takes on these forums. But when you start slinging shit at good posters like Vlady I figured it was a good time to point out that his response was fair and reasonable and yours was…typical.

Do better.

Yes, cringe worthy takes such as Binnington is a good goalie and I don't think Armstrong should be fired and oh let's not forget f*** Pietrangelo, he wanted to leave. I'm the insufferable one though because a few Pejorative Slurs have no reading comprehension.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
I don't think fans of NHL teams truly realize how insufferable Canucks fans are until they face them in a playoff series. Easily on my top 2 on my list of awful fanbases with Avalanche fans.
the reflanche fans are just entitled crybabies. canuck fans are insufferable toxic fools just like leaf fans. easily the worst 2 fanbases in the entire league and them losing are the ONLY 2 things I root for this playoff run outside of cheering on Chuckie.

ref jose fans and refalanche fans are very similar.

Reactions: Fez Whatley

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
Leaf fans don't bother me as much as the fact that so much of hockey media focuses on them too much. Hockey is just better when the Leafs are eliminated because they don't take up all the coverage. That being said, they got completely bent over by the refs tonight.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
dallas needs to blow it up at this point if they drop this series and in a manner where they were never even in it

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
If the leafs come back and win, they will say it’s because he talked about the refs, just like they said that about Chief in 2019
thing is, chief said they wont use the refs as a excuse. and its true seeing as the blues choked that game away 2 times, falling down early and then letting ref jose tie it late. shit hand pass never happens if they hammer down earlier in the game.

leafs coach is just crying like a butthurt crybaby and now we will have 48 hours of their fans being poo poo diaper babies as well.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
dallas needs to blow it up at this point if they drop this series and in a manner where they were never even in it
i can't believe i picked them to win Cup. if they get swept, which is looking increasingly likely, they gotta axe deboer, right?

and they could use a gamebreaker up front. kids might get there (i thought johnson might be there but looks lilke not yet), but hinze and robertson probably can't be your top 2 forwards unless you have another 3 on their level like we did in 2019. thomas is better than any stars forward by a good margin. and i would rather have kyrou than any of their wingers.

Reactions: joe galiba

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
i can't believe i picked them to win Cup. if they get swept, which is looking increasingly likely, they gotta axe deboer, right?

and they could use a gamebreaker up front. kids might get there (i thought johnson might be there but looks lilke not yet), but hinze and robertson probably can't be your top 2 forwards unless you have another 3 on their level like we did in 2019. thomas is better than any stars forward by a good margin. and i would rather have kyrou than any of their wingers.
robertson is their version of kyrou. hes not a player who will help carry a team to a cup. they remind me of the mid 2010s blues but without a gamebreaker like Tarasenko was.

either way, if they go out in 4 or 5, they need the sort of change that we had when we traded Oshie etc.

Reactions: Blueston

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Barbashev has made 3 or4 great defensive plays. One led directly to a goal. He’s become quite a perfect complimentary piece for Eichel and Marshasseault.
happy-days-al-yep-yes.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Hrkac Circus

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

With our luck Armstrong will interview him if they do fire him.
robertson is their version of kyrou. hes not a player who will help carry a team to a cup. they remind me of the mid 2010s blues but without a gamebreaker like Tarasenko was.

either way, if they go out in 4 or 5, they need the sort of change that we had when we traded Oshie etc.

How can you act like Tarasenko was a gamebreaker which he was but at the same time not acknowledge Kyrou being able to do the same?

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
With our luck Armstrong will interview him if they do fire him.

How can you act like Tarasenko was a gamebreaker which he was but at the same time not acknowledge Kyrou being able to do the same?
Kyrou cant even score 35+ consistently in a era where goals are way up league wide. Tarasenko was doing that practically every season while not being the worst forward defensively in the league.

Kyrou is a complimentary player, not someone who drives a team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad