Around the NHL 2023-2024

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
yeah, they've struggled holding leads all season but 3-0 on road in playoffs.. you can't blow that and expect to win series. they'll be fortunate to get to game 5.
carolina always blows on the road in the postseason

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

Attachments

• b0983867-bc6d-4bb8-a89e-1dee600ebbdf_text.gif
    b0983867-bc6d-4bb8-a89e-1dee600ebbdf_text.gif
    304 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Cotton McKnight

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Shatty on the PK in a playoff game is wild lol
Game 3, 2016 conference finals, the Blues lose 4-0 and the likes of Chris Tierney spun him like a top. The Blues could not advance in 2016 because it's easy in the playoffs to exploit these little D men who supposedly give you so much offense (and Shattenkirk in his prime was far better than the Krug we have gotten, far better). It was when Parayko supplanted Shattenkirk they were cooking with gas.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Game 3, 2016 conference finals, the Blues lose 4-0 and the likes of Chris Tierney spun him like a top. The Blues could not advance in 2016 because it's easy in the playoffs to exploit these little D men who supposedly give you so much offense (and Shattenkirk in his prime was far better than the Krug we have gotten, far better). It was when Parayko supplanted Shattenkirk they were cooking with gas.
To the bolded, yeah, I’d hope a guy in his prime is better than a guy past his prime lol.

Reactions: Cotton McKnight

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
To the bolded, yeah, I’d hope a guy in his prime is better than a guy past his prime lol.
I can't speak to whether Krug could ever hit the net from 20 feet away, but he cannot as a Blue. It's openly pitiful.

edit: I should also point out that if 4.25M is for a player in his prime, 6.5M + actually problematic NTC was given to the player past his prime, in the "lol" GM sense

Last edited:

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Ho-hum. McDavid with 5 assists in Game 1.
Good God, that guy is impressive. I'd love to see him play 82-games healthy and watch him put up 2PPG like he's shown he can do over an extended period. If the Oilers could somehow play 24-28 playoff games, he might set records once thought unbreakable.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
He is going to have to outscore his defense. And if he can't do it, people less than him can't do it. Which should be so instructive. Props to Stealth for understanding the top end D need. We had a Lindholm Moment, and then it passed

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Ho-hum. McDavid with 5 assists in Game 1.
Good God, that guy is impressive. I'd love to see him play 82-games healthy and watch him put up 2PPG like he's shown he can do over an extended period. If the Oilers could somehow play 24-28 playoff games, he might set records once thought unbreakable.

Give Thomas Drai and he'd be doing the same. Thomas needs shooters, same as McDavid did/does. Kyrou is not a shooter, Bolduc/Snuggy are shooters. if they will actually shoot when he gives them a pass we're gonna be seeing Thomas entering a whole new territory of stardom.

Reactions: LogosBlue
Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Give Thomas Drai and he'd be doing the same. Thomas needs shooters, same as McDavid did/does. Kyrou is not a shooter, Bolduc/Snuggy are shooters. if they will actually shoot when he gives them a pass we're gonna be seeing Thomas entering a whole new territory of stardom.
Surely you did not just infer that Robert Thomas can provide the same production as Connor McDavid.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
the last player to have 5 assists in a playoff game was...

Geoff Courtnall of the St. Louis Blues was the last to do it, getting a goal and five assists in an 8-3 win against Los Angeles in Game 1 of the Western Conference Quarterfinal on April 23, 1998.

Surely you did not just infer that Robert Thomas can provide the same production as Connor McDavid.
I dunno man...McDavid has legendary sniper *checks notes*

...Zach Hyman

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Seth Jarvis might be my favorite non-Blues player.

If I could wave a magic wand and take 1 player from the canes line up to add to the Blues, it wouldn’t be Slavin or Skjei. It wouldn’t even be Aho. I’d take Jarvis.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Seth Jarvis might be my favorite non-Blues player.

If I could wave a magic wand and take 1 player from the canes line up to add to the Blues, it wouldn’t be Slavin or Skjei. It wouldn’t even be Aho. I’d take Jarvis.
Did you listen to the Spittin Chiclets interview? Lol

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

Well considering Thomas put up 4 point nights without shoot first mentality players, I don't find it a stretch to think he could put up 5 assists in a game where his wingers actually use one timers and shoot first when they get a pass. I'm sure you're going to inform me that McDavid is some god that you worship and I'm wrong though.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Well considering Thomas put up 4 point nights without shoot first mentality players, I don't find it a stretch to think he could put up 5 assists in a game where his wingers actually use one timers and shoot first when they get a pass. I'm sure you're going to inform me that McDavid is some god that you worship and I'm wrong though.
I don't think Thomas is ever going to be scoring 130 points a year or getting 100 assists, but if Snuggerud and Bolduc reach their ceilings, I think he can absolutely crack 100 points and some insane pp points numbers, something reaching 45-50 pp points.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,430.00