Around the NHL 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017

Pretty decent comparable for Boro and Benning?

I would certainly take Boro and Benning on that deal. At $1.2M, you are only marginally above an ELC and barely above the burial hit at all, so even if the term is longer than I would have liked for Boro, it's still not really any risk. You can bury that contract easily if you have to.

I wouldn't object to paying Boro and Benning more than that mere $1.2M, though. But if they want term and security, that's certainly a doable number.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Crossing the border after being Covid positive and without medical clearance. If this is true, I don’t see why teams would take a gamble on him. He obviously hasn’t learned a damn thing
Wouldn't he have needed to fake a negative test result to fly into Canada? :dunno:

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I would certainly take Boro and Benning on that deal. At $1.2M, you are only marginally above an ELC and barely above the burial hit at all, so even if the term is longer than I would have liked for Boro, it's still not really any risk. You can bury that contract easily if you have to.

I wouldn't object to paying Boro and Benning more than that mere $1.2M, though. But if they want term and security, that's certainly a doable number.
I wouldn’t want boro on a three year since I think we got some up and coming lhd that should be pushing for a spot in the next 2 seasons. Benning I might be ok with because outside of Myers I don’t see any rhd that are that close to making a nhl impact

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I wouldn’t want boro on a three year since I think we got some up and coming lhd that should be pushing for a spot in the next 2 seasons. Benning I might be ok with because outside of Myers I don’t see any rhd that are that close to making a nhl impact
What Boro is doing for us right now.... I think if you can get him at $1.2M, you take it. Even if that means 3 years. There's no issue if he becomes #8 on LD at that number, if Farrance passes him. I've only been suggesting to sign Boro for 1 year too, but at that number... it's so low you can't really say no. He'll be useful to the team for leadership even if a youngster gets the icetime.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
What Boro is doing for us right now.... I think if you can get him at $1.2M, you take it. Even if that means 3 years. There's no issue if he becomes #8 on LD at that number, if Farrance passes him. I've only been suggesting to sign Boro for 1 year too, but at that number... it's so low you can't really say no. He'll be useful to the team for leadership even if a youngster gets the icetime.
The Preds can't afford to let him walk away because then there would be a glaring hole at the #3 LHD that you're hoping some under sized puck mover can fill. So, if that means you give him a year more than you want in term I think you have to do it.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
The Preds can't afford to let him walk away because then there would be a glaring hole at the #3 LHD that you're hoping some under sized puck mover can fill. So, if that means you give him a year more than you want in term I think you have to do it.
And again, it's sensitive to the price. Barring some major new acquisition, Cap space will not be at any premium next season. But it will start becoming tight again the year after next. So it will probably come down to what Borowiecki himself really wants to do. We'd have no problem paying him his current UFA price of $2M again next season. But the one after that, a $2M cap hit could become a little tight. So Mr. Borowiecki... would you like $2M guaranteed, and you go shopping for more when you're 34, or... would you maybe take $3.6M guaranteed that takes you to 36. I can see that being a fair dilemma for him. And I'm happy with either choice.

It might seem like splitting hairs at that lower end of our payroll, but it's basically the difference between a 22-man roster and a 23-man roster. And a $1.2M cap hit can be almost completely buried if Borowiecki breaks down in the final years of a 3-year deal, when the league buried cap allowance is up to $1.15M. You'd only be charged $50,000 on the cap if Borowiecki can't make your starting 8. That's low risk enough to be worthwhile to lock up his leadership and enthusiastic style of play.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I agree we need his continued physical presence. I'm hoping Myers can improve enough to replace Benning next season to add to our physical game.

I'm also hoping Glass figures out the heavy game and comes in to replace Novak as eventually the #3 center. I'm liking this heavy forecheck physical game we're playing, I'd like to see it continue to grow.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I wouldn't mind getting another look at Glass at some point. He seems to be scoring alright in Milwaukee, no idea if his physical play is ramping up, but that would definitely help him. The main thing that stands out to me from reading the Milwaukee boxscores is that he seems to be getting a lot of shots on goal. He has 74 in 27 games now so that's a somewhat dreadful shooting pct for his 5 goals, but I take it to be a good sign just that he is shooting more, period. (Compared to his NHL career of just 84 shots in 70 games).

Some night... against some team that is out of the playoff race and using their 5th-string goalie perhaps... I wouldn't have minded sitting McCarron and getting an updated look at Glass. I mean, he's basically guaranteed to be on our opening night roster next season. He pretty much will have to be, since his waiver exemption will be over, and he's too prominent a name to pass through to Milwaukee again. And it's not like it's purely just gifting him a look, since he is our scoring leader on the Ads (well Schneider has more pts, but isn't under contract to us).
:dunno:

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Why is there talk about Kane going to Edmonton? What's he supposed to do? Help them score more goals? There aren't enough pucks to go around in the offensive zone for that team as is. How about they find a Dman or a goalie.

So f***ing stupid that the fans still drive that bus even with Holland there.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Why is there talk about Kane going to Edmonton? What's he supposed to do? Help them score more goals? There aren't enough pucks to go around in the offensive zone for that team as is. How about they find a Dman or a goalie.

So f***ing stupid that the fans still drive that bus even with Holland there.

If an enemy keeps making mistakes, let them.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Bulletin. Board. Material.

Only Saros is on the central all star team. Boy, y'all f***ed up
Sweet. Now ideally Saros gets a false positive Covid test just before going, then we're all set. Very happy to see Josi and others get a rest, but it would have been nice if Saros could too. Should be quite the super-spreader event in Las Vegas there, so the more of our guys who can miss it the better!

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Sweet. Now ideally Saros gets a false positive Covid test just before going, then we're all set. Very happy to see Josi and others get a rest, but it would have been nice if Saros could too. Should be quite the super-spreader event in Las Vegas there, so the more of our guys who can miss it the better!

This team is going well rested.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
What the hell they only named one defenseman from the Central?

And I guess they used points % to name the coaches.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
The ASG has outlived it's usefulness. Time to put it to bed.
I think it has become one of those things that isn't useful or interesting to the external fanbase anymore, but it's still an internal schmooze-fest and party that folks on the admin side are permanently wedded to. It is an annual corporate retreat or something now, where the on-ice thing is no longer the main motivation, except superficially. And in Vegas? All the better. Miami next year.
:party:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad