Around the NHL 2020-2021 | Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
But no, I don't think that's so awful a deal. 5.1m is going to be a pretty large discount in the first few years and by the time that the 5.1m might possibly be a "bad contract", the cap will be headed northward again. Perfect world, every player signs a 3-5 year deal at this same kind of $ related to their stats. RNH is a very good 2nd line player.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
upload_2021-6-29_12-18-53.png

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
But no, I don't think that's so awful a deal. 5.1m is going to be a pretty large discount in the first few years and by the time that the 5.1m might possibly be a "bad contract", the cap will be headed northward again. Perfect world, every player signs a 3-5 year deal at this same kind of $ related to their stats. RNH is a very good 2nd line player.

Yep.
I'm glad the Wings didn't sign this deal, but for Edmonton? RNH is basically must-sign and given his production, having 4-5 years at $5.1 is a steal.

I don't even like RNH very much, but when the guy is producing, he earns something.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Another Kenny special. Looks like a good signing...for the first half of the deal.

It brings value when McDavid is still at his best.

Which I think is the right play in Edmonton. Eventually their cap will implode on itself, but that's a tomorrow problem. You have to build for today when you've got a generational player in their prime.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I had a hunch once they put ads on the helmets they would never remove them. This is the next logical step.

Yes, once they come they only get worse. By 2031, I expect us to be in SHL territory with ads. "Well we have to be greedy money grubbing bastards, so why not?"

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Steal? An 8 Year Deal with a NMC for an average 28 year old... Thank god he's gone

This is well below what he would have gotten in UFA. This is a good deal from Kenny's perspective. RNH isn't a star, but he is above average and plays a decent enough 2 way game.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
THN/SI projected protected list: Lindstrom over Stech & Smitty over Vlad.

though they do mention Namestnikov's trade value vs. Smith's.

Central:
2021 Expansion Draft Preview: Central Division
"
F – Tyler Bertuzzi
F – Adam Erne
F – Robby Fabbri
F – Dylan Larkin
F – Michael Rasmussen
F – Givani Smith
F – Jakub Vrana
D – Dennis Cholowski
D – Filip Hronek
D – Gustav Lindstrom
G – Thomas Greiss
"

If that's SY's list, he ought to find a taker for Vlad now, even for a 3rd? same for Stech. Then let all the kids play (Berg & Ray too) & get another top5 pick.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Looks like a website that lets you create your own Always Sunny title card.

that is exactly what it is. And it was in response to the Anakin and Padme meme.

Like Padme (RNH) is happy to be re-signed forever… and Anakin (McDavid) would respond immediately with a trade request although the expectation would be that keeping a good player at a good price would be reason to stay

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Wait... What? This honestly provoked a visceral reaction out of me, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad