Around the NHL 2019-2020 | Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
So far, Detroit has let go the guys that I think they should.

Good start as of this post.

I wonder if Yzerman will put his stamp on the team at the draft.

(Trades and things)

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
That Jeff Skinner deal is a doozy, he better put the biscuit in the basket.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Reactions: gbdet

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
That's a lot of money for that guy. If I was Toronto, I'd probably just take the picks, as I think that's a mistake contract.
Depends on the team I suppose. If it’s a team that’s trending to be competitive over the next few years (especially with Marner in the fold), then that’s 4 late 1sts. I’d pay that any day.

Obviously for us it’s a much riskier proposition because worst case scenario we could be giving up several top 10 picks. I wouldn’t do it but won’t be surprised if someone tries.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
wonder where boston goes from here. Theyre getting old but they should still be pretty good next season.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Depends on the team I suppose. If it’s a team that’s trending to be competitive over the next few years (especially with Marner in the fold), then that’s 4 late 1sts. I’d pay that any day.

Obviously for us it’s a much riskier proposition because worst case scenario we could be giving up several top 10 picks. I wouldn’t do it but won’t be surprised if someone tries.

I think it's a overpayment of at least a couple of million. If you're Toronto, you already have your top2 centers locked up. You can then lock up Johnsson and Kapanen with ease. You likely still have room to address your blueline. And you have a slew of first rounders to either use yourself or throw around as trade ammo.

Marner goes somewhere else, is a ~70ish point? wing. If you have your blueline and goalie sorted out, maybe worth it? I just don't see Marner as being a great wing, though.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I love Kronwall but if he's re-signed I hope it's at a hometown discount. He's been around enough to deserve a proper sendoff but not to the detriment of the roster.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Gudas for Niskanen.

Looks like Capitals are projecting Jensen to Top4 on the right side.

LhD Orlov - RhD Carlson
LhD Kempny - RhD Jensen
LhD Djoos - RhD Gudas
LhD Sigenthaler

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
So what was your point in bringing up Cheechoo if not to call their situations comparable?
To showcase that not all points are created equal. The previous poster stated Marner doesn't deserve that kind of money because Marner isn't as good as his point total suggests. Then a user responded that he just had 90 points. I pointed out that not all points are created equal and showed a situation where that was true. I think it was fairly obvious from that chain of events.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
To showcase that not all points are created equal. The previous poster stated Marner doesn't deserve that kind of money because Marner isn't as good as his point total suggests. Then a user responded that he just had 90 points. I pointed out that not all points are created equal and showed a situation where that was true. I think it was fairly obvious from that chain of events.

except Marner also lead his team in points and points per game? this makes no sense

Cheechoo was also 25 when he broke out,Marner was 21

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
That's a lot of money for a 37 year old D in 8 years. Good for him, he'll be on a scary D-corps for a while.
I wonder if that means that Pavelski won't re-sign. They have a lot of RFA (Labanc and Meier, for example) and UFAs too (Donskoi, Nyquist and Big Joe, for example).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad