NHL Around the NHL - Washington hoists the Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I'll bet Marchand is watching that spinarama fake-out move that Neal made along the boards and going "Hmmm. Gotta try that,"

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
First team to go up 3-0 (could be the only one, but hopefully not :laugh:), not bad for their first year. Might win a playoff series before both the Jets and Blue Jackets (although in the latter case perhaps only because they had two days rest between games one and two).

Okay, may have spoken too soon. :sarcasm:
Fantenberg has looked good for the Kings this series.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
41 PP's in 4.2 games tonight, averaging a full period per game of special teams. The Penguins game had f***ing 13 power plays, and the only overlap was 3 seconds of 4 on 4 between a Pittsburgh PP and a Philadelphia one, so 25:57 of that game was a special teams fest.

Yesterday there were 30 (7.5 per game), with 10 of those coming in the Nashville game.
7 per game on Friday, 7.2 on Thursday and 5.67 on Wednesday.

The average in the regular season was 6.09 PP's per game. 7.5 so far in the playoffs. Not exactly Tampa-Bruins game 7 playoff reffing. :laugh:

They will win more than 1 Series this year. San Jose isn’t going to beat them either...or Anaheim

Probably. Similarly favourable position to the one Pittsburgh is in.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
There are no words to describe what the LVGN have accomplished in their 1st year. Half a billion is a lot to pay for team but I think it's safe to say they got their moneys worth.

You can say what ever you like but at the end of the day you have to give management props for using the given tools to build a competitive team .

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
There are no words to describe what the LVGN have accomplished in their 1st year. Half a billion is a lot to pay for team but I think it's safe to say they got their moneys worth.

You can say whatever you like but at the end of the day you have to give management props for using the given tools to build a competitive team .

It has been a perfect storm (in a good way) for VGK.

First, you have an owner that wanted a team and was willing to pay the fee to join the club. Second, Gerard Gallant became available to coach. Throw in many teams needed to clear up cap space and let good players unprotected.

They have a good shot to advance to the WCF and most likely play either Nashville or Winnipeg and then :dunno: I really doubt that Bettman wants a first-year club to win it as it would make the league look foolish but it is also a storyline that casual fans might buy into.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

You can say what ever you like but at the end of the day you have to give management props for using the given tools to build a competitive team .

Las Vegas Golden Nights? A.k.a. a Trump special?

Also made me think of AVGN, now I've got his theme song stuck in my head :laugh:

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Watching the Caps shit the bed every single year in the playoffs is comedy gold. What happens if they are bounced in round 1 (or worse, swept) ? Gotta blow that up. Same thing every year. Its funny though, many here said when they signed Orpik and Niskanen to those contracts that they'll never win anything with those two :laugh:

Reactions: Bruin1970

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Blame Toews: he reportedly wanted Saad back in Chicago.
Just a dumb move no wonder Quennville was so upset

Also can there be an NHL Trophy called the Tom Wilson Award to the player who does the most dumb things to help his team lose.

When he entered an already 2 on 1 in his team's scrum to inexplicably throw down Seth Jones and get a penalty I was A) hoping the Bluejackets would score on it and B) hoping the Capitals would lose by a goal

Wilson is also an HF favorite which I don't get

1. He's the dumbest player I've seen in this generation
2. He's a spot picker and as we saw with Jones a fake tough guy
3. When he ended up with a guy who can fight like McQuaid he got his head caved in and I believe concussed

He's a game-changer all right

Caps should try and grab a draft pick and start the rebuild - they are done

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
It has been a perfect storm (in a good way) for VGK.

First, you have an owner that wanted a team and was willing to pay the fee to join the club. Second, Gerard Gallant became available to coach. Throw in many teams needed to clear up cap space and let good players unprotected.

They have a good shot to advance to the WCF and most likely play either Nashville or Winnipeg and then :dunno: I really doubt that Bettman wants a first-year club to win it as it would make the league look foolish but it is also a storyline that casual fans might buy into.
I agree. It’s a veteran team even if people are stuck on the expansion tag. This is Bettmans doing. Not a fan of how they came to be with contracts being taken advantage of. Oh well I’m a hater I guess.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Broad Street bathroom. Didn't quite work yesterday. Of course, down there Flyers goaltending is the ultimate pissah.

Da2F3toWsAAl_TQ.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad