Around the NHL 2013-2014 Part IV: Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Wish we would hurry up and resign Dekeyser. Once we get that done if alfie doesn't resign I wouldn't mind offer sheeting Krug. A rh puck moving defensemen. If they can't make a quick trade and we offer 2.5 or so we could get him. Not that holland would offer sheet however but I can dream.

Brandel*

Wish we would hurry up and resign Dekeyser. Once we get that done if alfie doesn't resign I wouldn't mind offer sheeting Krug. A rh puck moving defensemen. If they can't make a quick trade and we offer 2.5 or so we could get him. Not that holland would offer sheet however but I can dream.

krug can't sign an offer sheet

Jersey Man

Mad Dog
Oct 20, 2008
New York, NY
Hey Red Wings fans,

Very random. What radio station are the Red Wings on in Ann Arbor? As of right now Chris Chelios will be doing a book signing at a few B&N's in Michigan in November. Can confirm not in Detroit.

I found WKTA 1050AM but want to be sure.

edit: Got it confirmed. Probably posted this in the wrong thread so apologies.

Last edited:

Brandel*

Last edited by a moderator:

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer 2 min
Nathan Horton is rehabbing a lingering back injury and won't be full-go to start training camp, per Jarmo Kekalainen. #CBJ

Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer 56 s
Jarmo on the Johansen negotiations: "The ball is in their camp now." #CBJ

Chris Nichols ‏@NicholsOnHockey 2 min
John Davidson tells #CBJ media franchise offered an eight-year, $46 million deal to Ryan Johansen's camp. Was turned down.

Wow, I seriously don't understand what this kid wants. If you want a long term deal based on one season of production and potential for improvement 5.75AAV for 8 years is a great deal for you. If it's not enough and you want superstar money you're going to have to sign a bridge deal and prove your worth. FFS 5.75 is more than Tavares makes ( I know JT's deal is the exception not the rule, but still.)

As much as I'd like to see RJ hit the trade market ala Turris I really hope no GM meets his (IMO) ludicrous demands.

Brandel*

NHL Blue Jackets ‏@BlueJacketsNHL 16m
John Davidson: #CBJ went as long as an 8-year, $46 million offer to Johansen's camp. Both were declined. "We're trying to get this done."

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 4m
John Davidson tells reporters that the #CBJ offered Ryan Johansen $3M AAV over 2 years, $5.33M AAV over 6 years and $5.75M over 8 years.

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 2m
When the numbers come out like that, it's a very bad sign. Shows negotiations are going nowhere.

Аrpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu 3m
The Ryan Johansen negotiations have officially hit rock bottom

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
NHL Blue Jackets ‏@BlueJacketsNHL 16m
John Davidson: #CBJ went as long as an 8-year, $46 million offer to Johansen's camp. Both were declined. "We're trying to get this done."

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 4m
John Davidson tells reporters that the #CBJ offered Ryan Johansen $3M AAV over 2 years, $5.33M AAV over 6 years and $5.75M over 8 years.

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 2m
When the numbers come out like that, it's a very bad sign. Shows negotiations are going nowhere.

Аrpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu 3m
The Ryan Johansen negotiations have officially hit rock bottom

phhhht its like he doesnt wanna play there and is trying to fore them to trade him

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer 2 min
Nathan Horton is rehabbing a lingering back injury and won't be full-go to start training camp, per Jarmo Kekalainen. #CBJ

Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer 56 s
Jarmo on the Johansen negotiations: "The ball is in their camp now." #CBJ

Chris Nichols ‏@NicholsOnHockey 2 min
John Davidson tells #CBJ media franchise offered an eight-year, $46 million deal to Ryan Johansen's camp. Was turned down.

NHL training camps open with several questions waiting to be answered

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 3 min
Sharks sign Justin Braun to five-year extension.

damn it!!

Stephen Whyno ‏@SWhyno 2 min
Defenceman Justin Braun's 5-year contract extension with #SJSharks worth US$19M ($3.8M AAV), according to @ICEHockeyAgent.

and of course, steal of a deal.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
He's not at that point though. Towes and Kane got 6.5 deals and they had 54,69,68 and 72,70 and 88 points. Ry Jo had a 63 point year

The NHL is changing, or should change. There's no reason to wait anymore, it doesn't really benefit the player or the team. Plus this is a much different cap, go ahead and play hardball with your best player - we all know how that works out.

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
The NHL is changing, or should change. There's no reason to wait anymore, it doesn't really benefit the player or the team. Plus this is a much different cap, go ahead and play hardball with your best player - we all know how that works out.

So if gus puts up 60 points this year we should lock him up at 6 million? It gets pricey especially if you have a co7ple young guys who have 1 season

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
Then you lose him and miss the playoffs, what now?

So just give in to any RFA? He wants a bridge deal worth 6.5. Then every young guy with 1 good year will do that. What if DDK said I wont sign until I get Quincey money? Not too many go from a 63 point season to 6.5 on a short term deal.

Backstrom also 4th over all put up 69,88,101 and got a big deal of his RFA contract. Duchene is the best comparison and had 55,67 then a bad 28 took a bridge deal worth 3.5

and now he's packing his bags and going home

https://twitter.com/aportzline/status/512328996022124545

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
He's not at that point though. Towes and Kane got 6.5 deals and they had 54,69,68 and 72,70 and 88 points. Ry Jo had a 63 point year

Actually Toews/Kane 2nd deals were 6.3M x 5 yrs

Bobrovsky got a 5.625M AAV deal over 2 years coming off a Vezina and 1st NHL Allstar Team year

Johansen wants 2 yrs and 6M AAV for 1 63 pt season

Brandel*

johansen, schwartz, smith, krug, dillon and ellis all won't be at their respective camps tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad