Around the NHL — Episode XLXVI

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Matthews is a gamer. Marner was pathetic...hes either too small to be a factor inside or he is too scared

Leafs have a chance to open things up a bit by trading Marner and Tavares taking a discount after the next season.

The Marner trade is going to be bad for them though if their goal is to clear cap

1714472637275.png

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
When you look at the numbers:

Atlantic division

-all 8 teams will play 4 games against Montreal, Ottawa, Buffalo and Detroit. Bottom Feeders. Grand total 16 games and a possible 32 points.
-all 8 teams play, Columbus and Philadelphia 2 games each. Bottom feeders. Total 4 games and a possible 8 points
-all 8 will play, Chicago, Arizona, Anaheim, San Jose and Calgary. 3 of the 4 are bottom feeders. Calgary is better, but has not played well the last 3 years. 2 games each. Grand total 8 games and 16 points

NET TOTAL
28 games against bottom feeders.. leaving you 54 games against non trash
56 possible points.... 108 points from non trash
90-94 points needed to get into the playoffs.

SCENARIOS
1) beat the crap out of the bottom feeders: 43-44 points. Leaves you needing 47-51 points from the non trash. Or 3-7 points below 0.500.

2) be good against the bottom feeders; 33-34 points. Leaving you needing 57-61 points. Or 3-7 points above 0.500

3) be okay: 28-29 points. leaving needing 62-66 points. or 8-12 points above 0.500

In a league that awards loser points for OT and shootout.

HOW f***ING INEPT are we? and How f***ing inept is the Atlantic? and how f***ing inept is the East. And how f***ing inept are the bottom feeders?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I think Marner will go if the team asks. The return won't be good though. I suspect it will be hard to trade him without taking back some salary which doesn't help Toronto. UNless its Chicago or something

Nylander's been injured and came back and looked like a guy who has been out.

He is usually pretty solid in the post season. I think his attitude is actually perfect for a place like Toronto. If they trade him they made the wrong move

I think the only move Marner would make is to a market where he can still get a lot of endorsement deals. And those cities for NHLers are very limited.

Out of the Core group of Tavares, Marner and Nylander, I would guess most teams would zero in on Nylander. He may not put up as many points, but is a better all around player than Marner and actually has a track record of showing up in the playoffs.

Reactions: LiseL

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa

Atlantic division

-all 8 teams will play 4 games against Montreal, Ottawa, Buffalo and Detroit. Bottom Feeders. Grand total 16 games and a possible 32 points.
-all 8 teams play, Columbus and Philadelphia 2 games each. Bottom feeders. Total 4 games and a possible 8 points
-all 8 will play, Chicago, Arizona, Anaheim, San Jose and Calgary. 3 of the 4 are bottom feeders. Calgary is better, but has not played well the last 3 years. 2 games each. Grand total 8 games and 16 points

NET TOTAL

SCENARIOS
1) beat the crap out of the bottom feeders: 43-44 points. Leaves you needing 47-51 points from the non trash. Or 3-7 points below 0.500.

2) be good against the bottom feeders; 33-34 points. Leaving you needing 57-61 points. Or 3-7 points above 0.500

3) be okay: 28-29 points. leaving needing 62-66 points. or 8-12 points above 0.500

HOW f***ING INEPT are we? and How f***ing inept is the Atlantic? and how f***ing inept is the East. And how f***ing inept are the bottom feeders?
Ottawa was 15-9-2, collectively, against the Atlantic division, which is a .615 pts% or a 101 pt pace over 82 games. So, how does that make sense with the rest of your post?

Reactions: Tnuoc Alucard

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I have no great love for the Lightning, but that goaltender interference call on them last night that wiped out a goal was complete bull@#$#. Bobrovsky dropped his stick AFTER the puck had gone in the net to try to draw the call, and the alleged contact took place outside the crease anyway. This trend towards wiping out goals based on minimal or phantom contact with goalies is awful, and needs to get fixed this off-season. The NHL should be looking for reasons to count goals, not reasons to take them off the board...

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I have no great love for the Lightning, but that goaltender interference call on them last night that wiped out a goal was complete bull@#$#. Bobrovsky dropped his stick AFTER the puck had gone in the net to try to draw the call, and the alleged contact took place outside the crease anyway. This trend towards wiping out goals based on minimal or phantom contact with goalies is awful, and needs to get fixed this off-season. The NHL should be looking for reasons to count goals, not reasons to take them off the board...
I've seen so many of those goalie "interference" calls this year...we had a couple of those this year, too. Terrible precedent for the game and it's going to get gamed by goalies, no doubt.

Oh, here's a couple of guys battling in front of the net...I'll just skate out to the top of the crease...clumsy me, some of my body just happens to be outside of the paint...oops, I happened to make "contact" with the opposing player...all I have to do is drop my stick or pretend to be impeded or flail back to potentially get the goal overturned...

That "interference" on Cirelli was just embarrassing. Bobrovsky didn't react to the shot until after it was going past him because of the screen, not because Cirelli's foot happened to be in the crease 2s before the puck got there. If that had happened to us, I'd be fuming. And knowing how Brady plays, I know that it's going to happen to us at some point.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Atlantic division

NET TOTAL

SCENARIOS

Atlantic has the highest point total for the bottom 4 teams of any division, and the highest average pts overall. Only the central has a higher average among the top 4 teams of a division.

Atlantic is arguably the toughest division right now so idk what exactly you are complaining about.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I’d say Matthews has a rib injury if I had to guess, doesn’t show much but very painful to twist and shoot and turn.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Would you rather the leafs lose in 4 OT or in a 7-1 drubbing.
I know how I view it from the losing side when it's my team and it definitely matters. The heartbreak is tough, but to see my team go out there and compete and leave it all out there is about all I can ask.

Proud Lakers fan today even if they lost. Close games and 2 buzzer beaters. Game of inches and mistakes sometimes.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I know how I view it from the losing side when it's my team and it definitely matters. The heartbreak is tough, but to see my team go out there and compete and leave it all out there is about all I can ask.

Proud Lakers fan today even if they lost. Close games and 2 buzzer beaters. Game of inches and mistakes sometimes.
So 7-1 then... 4OTs they can lose with some pride... 7-1 just zaps them of everything and leaves them feeling like they don't belong; Helps with the finger pointing, implosion, and serious questions about the players and the construction of the team ; More delusions from Leaf fans... its the only answer

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Leafs are going to use the media shitstorm of the last few days as fuel - they are going to absolutely dominate tonight. The series is going 7 games.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
So 7-1 then... 4OTs they can lose with some pride... 7-1 just zaps them of everything and leaves them feeling like they don't belong; Helps with the finger pointing, implosion, and serious questions about the players and the construction of the team ; More delusions from Leaf fans... its the only answer
Yes, that's what I was going for. Embarass those fools and don't let them leave with some BS narrative about doing their best. This should be the fitting end of that soft core, but they'll probably run it all back anyways lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad