Around the NHL — Episode XLXVI

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
That's why it was so heartbreaking when he was injured at the Olympics the year we acquired him. Oh, what could have been.
100%. I still think about it sometimes. I was really upset they wouldn't run it back with him. I understood the why, but when you looked at the legendary greatness potential of Hasek in contrast to the at best, decidedly averageness of Emery, it was worth the risk. They gave up a real chance at the cup in the summer imo and the team had no chance beating Anaheim without Hasek.
Hasek might be the best player to ever play - guy was unreal. Without question the best goalie ever
Agreed. He was #1 in my world for the greatest goaltender ever. Hard to qualify it against skaters, but he's a top 5 guy for sure imo.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
You can't get mad at Vegas. Jealous? Sure. They're the best in the league.

Makes me wonder how things are going to go in Utah (and possibly Houston and Atlanta) in the future. SLC doesn't have the entertainment that Vegas has, but they've got some cash and clout now to make waves. Also big draw for outdoor activities. They won't unseat Vegas as the top destination for players, but they will give Vegas some competition.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Makes me wonder how things are going to go in Utah (and possibly Houston and Atlanta) in the future. SLC doesn't have the entertainment that Vegas has, but they've got some cash and clout now to make waves. Also big draw for outdoor activities. They won't unseat Vegas as the top destination for players, but they will give Vegas some competition.

That's quite the understatement. In terms of entertainment and "action" for young athletes it's fairly low on the list compared to Florida, California, New York, Vegas...

Don't think it'll be easy for them to get the biggest fish, but they have a decent young team. Need better D and G.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
That's quite the understatement. In terms of entertainment and "action" for young athletes it's fairly low on the list compared to Florida, California, New York, Vegas...

Don't think it'll be easy for them to get the biggest fish, but they have a decent young team. Need better D and G.

But that's the thing....Coyotes go from the team on the top of everyone's no trade lists, to a reasonably attractive destination.

Which also mean Canadian teams, and a few other franchises, drop one notch down on the desirability list. Not good for us, at the end of the day.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
I think we're headed to another VGK/FLA Stanley Cup Final, which I'm fine with :popcorn:

I don't see anyone stopping Vegas in the West and in the East maybe NYR or CAR could be a threat to the Panthers

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I'm finding myself really disliking Doughty this series. I mean, I never liked the guy but he's just such a whiny, try-hard MFer lol. Go Oilers!
You just realizing this now?

I feel the second he started pouting for a Norris Trophy that should have disqualified him right there and then.

Reactions: SensontheRush

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
You just realizing this now?

I feel the second he started pouting for a Norris Trophy that should have disqualified him right there and then.

As I said I've never liked him, but the Kings were irrelevant for so long that there was no reason to even think of ol' grumpy Doughty until now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad