Around the NHL — Episode XLXVI

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
My god the salt from Wings fans are incredible when it comes to what Torts did.

Maybe try not blowing a 4 goal lead to the Sharks in December and losing in overtime. There is your extra point that would have pushed you into the playoffs.

Yeah I’m wondering the same. I get their fan base is annoying with that whole Dylan Larkin injury but as a team, they came super close. I was watching the end of their game and figured they were gonna lose with 7 seconds and then BAM they tied the game with 3 seconds. It was wild and to do that two nights in a row felt almost like destiny (as we did during the hamburglar run).

It’s actually a shame that flyers pulled their goalie and basically handed the capitals the victory. Not sure why they pulled with over 3 mins remaining

Let’s not attract bad juju for our team with all this hatred…

Because they needed a regulation win to keep their playoff hopes alive. A win in overtime would have eliminated them.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Because they needed a regulation win to keep their playoff hopes alive. A win in overtime would have eliminated them.
I get that but I’ll clarify my point: I don’t know why they pulled the goalie with almost 4 mins left in the game. Capitals scored the empty netter with like 3 mins left…feels like the capitals would have also had ample opportunities and time to win the game

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I get that but I’ll clarify my point: I don’t know why they pulled the goalie with almost 4 mins left in the game. Capitals scored the empty netter with like 3 mins left…feels like the capitals would have also had ample opportunities and time to win the game

Because the hard data suggests that it's the best time to do something like that. Idk why but this is now the accepted practice.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Good start for the Coyotes.

Kinda feels weird watching this game....that could've been us, if there wasn't a juicy parcel of NCC land being handed to a new owner on a silver platter.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Yeah I’m wondering the same. I get their fan base is annoying with that whole Dylan Larkin injury but as a team, they came super close. I was watching the end of their game and figured they were gonna lose with 7 seconds and then BAM they tied the game with 3 seconds. It was wild and to do that two nights in a row felt almost like destiny (as we did during the hamburglar run).

It’s actually a shame that flyers pulled their goalie and basically handed the capitals the victory. Not sure why they pulled with over 3 mins remaining

Let’s not attract bad juju for our team with all this hatred…
Let’s not continue the little brother syndrome and just let ourselves enjoy the rivalries we have with teams. We don’t like the RW for obvious reasons, coupled with the fact that they are in the same 4-5 team lump of up and coming teams trying to make the playoffs.

Bad juju comes with being wimps who constantly try and not ride the wave of fan rivalries. That shit hasn’t won us a thing, not a draft pick, not a round of playoffs.

Time to straighten up and deal tit for tat with our rivals and deal with the consequences without fearing bullshit magic. Those days are over.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Because the hard data suggests that it's the best time to do something like that. Idk why but this is now the accepted practice.
Seems obvious that you want to give yourself the most time to score without the added pressure of 1 or 2 minutes left in the game. Less forced plays and panic.

The reality is that the other team has just as much of a chance to score into the empty net, but if you’re playing without time pressure, you’re more likely to score.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Wings are not that much better then us bud, don't let what they did this season fool you.
No, they aren't great, but its a way to get interested in the games that actually have consequences to them. I can relate to the idea of bandwagon hopping/cheering for teams to lose as our team spins its wheels.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Let’s not continue the little brother syndrome and just let ourselves enjoy the rivalries we have with teams. We don’t like the RW for obvious reasons, coupled with the fact that they are in the same 4-5 team lump of up and coming teams trying to make the playoffs.

Bad juju comes with being wimps who constantly try and not ride the wave of fan rivalries. That shit hasn’t won us a thing, not a draft pick, not a round of playoffs.

Time to straighten up and deal tit for tat with our rivals and deal with the consequences without fearing bullshit magic. Those days are over.
I’d classify celebrating a last minute red wings loss when they were competing for a playoff spot and lost out on such an extraordinary circumstance while we weren’t in any kind of competition to the end…the true ‘loser mentality’.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad