Around the League XXX: Oilers make the playoffs and Wings miss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Since Vasilevskiy took over the TBL are 4-1-1 and have pushed back into playoff picture

TB needs to give him the #1 job. He is not the future of team he is the present and future of team

Bishop should not be given back #1 job

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Since Vasilevskiy took over the TBL are 4-1-1 and have pushed back into playoff picture

TB needs to give him the #1 job. He is not the future of team he is the present and future of team

Bishop should not be given back #1 job

How's their situation stack up for the expansion draft? Might keep Vegas off Darling?

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Gave up on the Leafs-Wings game when it was 4-1 to watch football. Sad I missed the fun ending.

Venthon

Nov 11, 2014
Gave up on the Leafs-Wings game when it was 4-1 to watch football. Sad I missed the fun ending.

After Martin made Ott look like a fool and the Leafs got that lead I kinda stopped paying attention and went about my business for awhile. Popped back into the room later and saw it was at 4-3 and immediately rewound to just after the goal that made it 4-1 with my eyes closed so I wouldn't be spoiled. Made for a fun watch, especially the OT.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Yeah Gibson snaked two points for the ducks. He was very good in the second half of that game.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Nice to see Zetterberg with 3 points too. It's sacrilege but him and Datsyuk have been some of my favorite players for a while.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
My fantasy league set up is so stupid. Have Crosby, Scheifele, and Matthews and often have to sit one since we only can play 2 Cs, there's no UTIL slot. Way to award good drafting! I got Matthews in the 11th. Also picked up Barkov, so there's another who will sit when he comes back.

/end rant

In other news, I was away all weekend and finally saw the Wings/Leafs highlights last night. Unbelievable!

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Can't imagine he'd drop that far, but Rattie would be a good pickup on waivers

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I've seen quite a bit of him the last three years or so and I've long been a fan, but Matthews is rapidly becoming maybe my favorite player in the league. Doing what he's doing at that position, in that market, with all the hype and pressure put on him coming in, with that coach...it's pretty incredible. And by "that coach" that's not a shot, it's just a guy who typically keeps things really tight and close-leashed with young players, and he's publicly said he's not a young player to him anymore. That's big praise coming from Babcock.

It's insane the caliber of player in the league right now in the 18-22 year old range. So many amazing players to choose from. Why I don't really like the debates about who's better, who's the best...I don't give a **** in the least. I'm just happy to have so many guys to watch and see progress throughout their careers.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I've seen quite a bit of him the last three years or so and I've long been a fan, but Matthews is rapidly becoming maybe my favorite player in the league. Doing what he's doing at that position, in that market, with all the hype and pressure put on him coming in, with that coach...it's pretty incredible. And by "that coach" that's not a shot, it's just a guy who typically keeps things really tight and close-leashed with young players, and he's publicly said he's not a young player to him anymore. That's big praise coming from Babcock.

It's insane the caliber of player in the league right now in the 18-22 year old range. So many amazing players to choose from. Why I don't really like the debates about who's better, who's the best...I don't give a **** in the least. I'm just happy to have so many guys to watch and see progress throughout their careers.

He is looking like he will be a better version of Toews and Kopitar but with even more offense. It is scary.

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
Blue Jackets looking to tie 92-93 Pens record with their 17th straight win hope they get it and I hope they break the record on Saturday to. There's not enough NHL records being broken these days. Our Hawks have a good one with the points/unbeaten regulation streak in 2013 but if the Jackets get this streak to 20 wins that's absolutely amazing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad