Not open for further replies.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Define 'anything'?

Win a Stanley Cup?

Get to the Finals?

I was talking more about which team has the ability to pull of a mild upset or win a 50/50 toss-up against the Blackhawks in round 1 or 2.

As far as the rest, I mean, they may all be weak-minded losers in your opinion, but somebody has to win the other series, right? :laugh:

"Anything" as in make it out of the Central, beat the Hawks, and play in the WCF.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I don't think Rinne has the mental toughness to do well in the playoffs. The Preds are built around him and an A+ defense. If/when Rinne isn't on his game the Preds aren't a cup threat.

Maybe mentally tough was the wrong word for the Wild but Yeo has been out-coached by Q for 3 years in a row

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
I don't think Rinne has the mental toughness to do well in the playoffs. The Preds are built around him and an A+ defense. If/when Rinne isn't on his game the Preds aren't a cup threat.

Maybe mentally tough was the wrong word for the Wild but Yeo has been out-coached by Q for 3 years in a row

The Hawks were also the better team on paper all 3 years.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

I don't actually agree with that.

I think Yeo actually outcoached Q in 2013-2014, his roster simply wasn't good enough to follow through.

He actually did a pretty masterful job of switching the Minnesota strategy on a period-by-period basis and keeping the Blackhawks completely off balance, particularly on Minnesota home ice.

Last season I'd say Q outcoached him, though.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
Ducks down 2 with 6 to go in the 2nd. Only six shots what the hell happened to this team?

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
This Parayko kid on St. Louis is going to be an annoyance moving forward. I can tell already.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Vancouver is demolishing the Wings right now.

It's 2-0 after 2, it should be closer to 5-0.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Have a friend from Colorado. She is an Avs fan and cannot stand Varlamov.
I guess he is not very good at all.

Varlamov is really good and we have seen him shut the Hawks down quite a few times over the year. He is struggling this year but their defense is brutal so that is major factor. Saying he not very good is just wrong.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Varlamov is really good and we have seen him shut the Hawks down quite a few times over the year. He is struggling this year but their defense is brutal so that is major factor. Saying he not very good is just wrong.

Just saying what my avs friend tells me. She said he is regarded as good because the offense can usually keep up with all the goals he allows.
She doesn't like him, and she watches every game. Sooo.... I dont know.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Just saying what my avs friend tells me. She said he is regarded as good because the offense can usually keep up with all the goals he allows.
She doesn't like him, and she watches every game. Sooo.... I dont know.

I know that you are just passing it along. Not to be mean but she doesn't know what she is is talking about when it comes to this. Colorado would be in a lot worse shape if they did not have him. He has not been great this year but if you look at his stats from the past few years you will see he is rather good. Watching every game does not mean that much because in regards to this she is just wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad