Around the League - Why can't our team be as much fun to watch as other teams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I went to the classic with my Caps fan wife today. It was great and a fun game. Very unique and up there with the best Canes playoff games I've been to other than game 7 of the SCF. As much as people complain, I'd go to another in a heartbeat. We did get gouged on the ticket prices, but that's expected.

You married a Caps fan?! Shouldn't that be a dealbreaker.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
You married a Caps fan?! Shouldn't that be a dealbreaker.

They aren't really that high on my hated list, and the Canes won the Cup a month after we started dating in college, so I've always had that to hold over her. The fact that we even met was because she was a Caps/hockey fan. I can think of many worse teams for her to have been a fan of personally.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Oilers trade David Perron to the Penguins for Klinkhammer and 2015 1st. Good trade both ways IMO.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Depending on what moves JR makes at the deadline, that could very well be a "Doug Weight"-type move for Pittsburgh.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
Pittsburgh is set up real well to have some serious depth this year:

Perron-Crosby-Downie
Comeau-Malkin-Hornqvist
Kunitz-Sutter-Bennett (this line has been tearing it up recently)
Megna-Goc-Spaling

Maatta-Letang
Martin-Ehrhoff
Despres-Bortuzzo

Fleury
Greiss

There's no doubt in my mind that that team walks to the Cup.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Pittsburgh is set up real well to have some serious depth this year:

Perron-Crosby-Downie
Comeau-Malkin-Hornqvist
Kunitz-Sutter-Bennett (this line has been tearing it up recently)
Megna-Goc-Spaling

Maatta-Letang
Martin-Ehrhoff
Despres-Bortuzzo

Fleury
Greiss

There's no doubt in my mind that that team walks to the Cup.

Cup or finals?

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
Cup or finals?

Walk to the finals. I'd bet on them to win the Cup as well, especially with the way Fleury's playing as well. LA only has one Muzzin-Doughty pairing. Chicago only has one Toews line. Pittsburgh is a matchup nightmare if Sid and Geno both have legit wingers, which they now finally do for the first time in forever (barring health of course)

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
If you take into account that they traded MPS and the 33rd pick that year (Barbashev) to get Perron, then traded him for a pick that's a lock to be between 25 & 30 and Klinkhammer, essentially what they did was trade MPS, Perron and a 2nd for a 4th line tweener and the ability to pick 3-8 spots higher in a different draft. :laugh: #assetmanagement

The fact that second turned into a guy who would probably would go top 10 in a redraft is just icing on the cake :laugh:

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I think you can simplify it to MPS for Klinkhammer and the jump in draft position since Perron cancels out with himself and you've kinda got the second twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad