Around the League Thread | Stop f***ing crying, bro, this isn’t Junior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Either team losing in game seven is entertaining for different reasons.

Panthers going to destroy whoever wins though.

I think I'd rather Toronto actually pull it off for once. Them losing is just another "Yep. Toronto choked. Again." Boston doing it again after another year of kicking their opponent's ass for three games only to lose anyway would be funny.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
sabres is i think one of the weird ones. no local tie in. just a name the owner thought was cool.

flames is the most bizarre. it commemorates the intentional burning of atlanta by the north during the civil war and is a "never forget/the south will rise again" kind of invocation, so quite weirdly defiantly loserish for a sports team and also maybe susceptible to statue toppling sentiment at some point. blue jackets is also a civil war reference, but to the north not the south.

i like the cryptids. kraken are named after a nautical cryptid. devils are named after a regional cryptid known as the new jersey devil. panthers are named after the very rare at the time florida panther which subsequently turned out after dna testing to be a regular cougar that lives in florida.
I'm pretty well read and have never heard of the term cryptids so you out nerded me it seems but I gave you a like.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
If you watch this movie extremely baked, its pretty good haha
If you are baked enough watching the trees grow and birds singing in Vancouver on a day like this is awesome though so it's a really low bar.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Want to watch Marchand cry again.
:laugh:

All day, every day. Hook it to my veins
crying-marchand.gif

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Leafs did the whole net collapse thing in this game and the last, I guess it worked.

Feel bad for Woll, 0.1seconds before a shutout.

Reactions: calnuck

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
I felt that Boston was a paper tiger all year, a lot of their points came from just clinging on and making it to OT.

Their defensive game is pretty good, but their offense leaves a lot to be desired.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad