Around the League Thread | Playoffs 🏒

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammman

Apr 3, 2010
Things are still surprisingly up in the air. Assuming LA doesn't complete the comeback tonight:
  1. Nashville has 99 points, with 38 RW and 44 ROW.
  2. LA has a maximum of 99 points with 37(+1?) RW and 41(+1?) ROW.
  3. Vegas has a maximum of 100 points and and 33(+2?) RW.
No matter what, LA cannot pass Nashville even if they win out. So Nashville is locked into the WC1 spot. Otherwise, Vegas and LA can still swap spots, we could still get passed by Edmonton, or we could similarly pass Dallas.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Things are still surprisingly up in the air. Assuming LA doesn't complete the comeback tonight:
No matter what, LA cannot pass Nashville even if they win out. So Nashville is locked into the WC1 spot. Otherwise, Vegas and LA can still swap spots, we could still get passed by Edmonton, or we could similarly pass Dallas.

Was just coming to post this. Most likely scenario is still Canucks vs Predators but there are a couple of scenarios where the Canucks take on either of the Golden Knights or Kings.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Keep in mind that Nash is done and the Canucks have 2 games in 3 days. Not sure when PO begin but it’s so typical nhl to not end the season on a Wed to begin PO on Saturday. Like it feels like Sunday is the earliest

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Keep in mind that Nash is done and the Canucks have 2 games in 3 days. Not sure when PO begin but it’s so typical nhl to not end the season on a Wed to begin PO on Saturday. Like it feels like Sunday is the earliest
Pretty ridiculous tbh. Nashville gets how many days rest? The Canucks will get a heck of a lot less.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008

Cant Vegas still get WC1 with 100 pts?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Pretty ridiculous tbh. Nashville gets how many days rest? The Canucks will get a heck of a lot less.
Multiple teams are done today. NYR, Nash, Buff, NJ are done for the season with 3 days left in it.
Canucks one of 8 teams with 2 games left. 20 teams with 1 game left in these final 3 days.

Again, if the PO are the big thing, why doesn't the season end by even tomorrow. So, that you give yourself the option to begin either Friday or Saturday and maximize the weekend?

The NBA playoffs all begin on Sat/Sun.

Knicks play Sat and NYR is hosting rd 1, Nuggest play on Sat (possible that Col is the home team in round 1). Celtics host on Sunday as will the Bruins. Clippers host on Sunday, but the Kings are on the road for rd 1 anyways.

Still 4 teams to be decided, but 7 teams in the NBA playoffs do not overlap with an NHL team's arena. Just the Clippers, Mavs, Celtics, Knicks and Nuggets so far.

Reactions: Indiana

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
With LA losing tonight our odds of playing Nashville must have gone up again.

I'm really just pumped for whoever we play it's been far too long but damn a Nashville/Vancouver series sure feels winnable.

Reactions: Indiana

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
With LA losing tonight our odds of playing Nashville must have gone up again.

I'm really just pumped for whoever we play it's been far too long but damn a Nashville/Vancouver series sure feels winnable.

The Nashville odds don't really change, it's up to the Canucks to get one more point out of four to avoid swapping with Edmonton.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
They just called up Logan MaillEW as well 🤢
My views on SA are extremely liberal, but this guy did something that a lot of kids do and was actually legally punished for it unlike most. He served his punishment and seems to have developed into a decent prospect, think it’s time to move on.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I want Edm vs Vegas.

Mainly because I want the Oilers and their fans to get bumped from Round 1 again.

Their cries and tears provide more warmth than Hydro. Cheaper too.

Reactions: CanuckleBerry

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I want Edm vs Vegas.

Mainly because I want the Oilers and their fans to get bumped from Round 1 again.

Their cries and tears provide more warmth than Hydro. Cheaper too.

I think Vegas is probably going to get destroyed in round 1 by whoever they play. They've been a bad team for a long time, are one of the worst defensive teams in the playoffs, and the only reason they're in the playoffs is their hot start,.

Reactions: Britton

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
LA losing closes another door. The odds would increase that we play Nashville. It's just a formula of probability.

LA losing increases the odds we play Vegas, not Nashville. They're locked into #7, the probability just changes who is in P3 if the Canucks fall to P2.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
LA losing increases the odds we play Vegas, not Nashville. They're locked into #7, the probability just changes who is in P3 if the Canucks fall to P2.

And it ZEROS the odds we play the Kings.

I don't know where to find the match up odds calculator but prior to last night we were around 78% to play Nashville. My assumption is that with no chance of playing LA coupled with fewer games remaining there is a higher than 78% chance we pair up with Nashville.

Happy to be wrong if you have information that disproves that.

Britton

Nov 28, 2008
I think Vegas is probably going to get destroyed in round 1 by whoever they play. They've been a bad team for a long time, are one of the worst defensive teams in the playoffs, and the only reason they're in the playoffs is their hot start,.
This I've been beating the Vegas is bad drum for a while now. I actually would prefer to play them, I think the media attention around them and the LTIR stuff is getting way too hyped up and whoever plays them is going to stomp them and get a ton of momentum going into round 2.

Reactions: M2Beezy and MS

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
This I've been beating the Vegas is bad drum for a while now. I actually would prefer to play them, I think the media attention around them and the LTIR stuff is getting way too hyped up and whoever plays them is going to stomp them and get a ton of momentum going into round 2.

Reminds me a bit of the Tampa Rays in MLB in 2023 where they had an all-time start to the season and then were basically a wobbling .500 team through the 2nd half of the season playing poor fundamental baseball but Jays fans were still terrified of playing them in the playoffs ... and then they were outscored 11-1 as they were quickly bounced by Texas.

I'd be quite confident playing Vegas as they were the 'good team' we had the least trouble generating chances and offense against down the stretch. We lost a couple times with our backup in net, but we would probably have won all 3 games against them with a healthy Demko.

Fairly happy we avoid LA. Our struggling offense vs. their stifling defense has not been a good match.

Reactions: Vector
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad