Around the League | Round 1: FIGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Canucks got the biggest gift matchup of anyone. They just don’t want to take the opportunity.
Canucks got the easiest bracket they could hope for.

Easy WCF berth for the September 2023 Canucks.

Now the Oilers get to waltz their way down that same path.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Canucks got the biggest gift matchup of anyone. They just don’t want to take the opportunity.
I guess the benefit about drawing Nashville, in my opinion, is that if this core loses against them, you know that significant changes need to be made. There's no reason this core should be losing a series to Nashville, no matter how "green" they are. Losing this series while playing the way they have been (tilting the game possession wise, shot attempt wise, chance wise, etc) will be a massive choke, and you have to put into question whether this team is built correctly.

Reactions: CanuckleBerry

Zanon

Apr 4, 2008
Vancouver
If the Knights beat the Stars and the Canucks beat the Predators, would the Canucks play the Knights in Round 2?

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Who did they play?
cloutier-beach-ball.jpg

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I knew Vegas would come alive.

Vegas has had injuries all season long. Theodore, Eichel, Stone, Pietrangelo Martinez and Hill. Only 3 guys played a full 82 games. They added a top pairing guy in Hanafin and a top 6 guy in Hertl to their roster.

Edmonton is fortunate that the Kings beat Chicago in that last game. 100% would have been bounced out in 5.

Reactions: Zanon

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
I don’t think it particularly matters what happens given that Demko’s injury means any chance of advancing deep is dead.

This is a 50/50 series now with a backup in net for us. Is what it is, honestly. Just enjoy it.
You are right, but it's just a real shame that we finally got back into the playoffs AND had the path to make a run.

And an injury ruins it in an instant.

Reminds me of 2003 when Colorado, Detroit and Dallas all got eliminated and the Canucks could've made it to the SCF, all they had to do was beat Minnesota and Anaheim.

And they blew a 3-1 lead against Minnesota.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I don’t think it particularly matters what happens given that Demko’s injury means any chance of advancing deep is dead.

This is a 50/50 series now with a backup in net for us. Is what it is, honestly. Just enjoy it.
Nah this series is 100% winnable. Worry about next round when/if it comes. I had a feeling this was going to happen with Demko anyways just because it’s what he does but I thought it would be the same injury he just had instead.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I know the Stars are in a hole, but watching Stankoven in tonight's game is enough to make Canuck fans want to cry.

I mean it's not as if he was playing in some QMJHL outpost in his draft year.....he was three and half hours up Highway One in Kamloops. On draft day, I remember that posters on these boards were pleading for the Canucks to draft him in the second round.

A lot like 2016, when HF posters were stumping hard for the Canucks to draft Tkachuk instead of Juolevi. It's depressing when posters on HF Boards know more than Benning's amateur scouts.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I’m looking at the Dallas team, it has all the skill in the world, but I just don’t see the grit or the size

Which is exactly how you win in the playoffs honestly

Reactions: Petey O

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
I’m looking at the Dallas team, it has all the skill in the world, but I just don’t see the grit or the size

Which is exactly how you win in the playoffs honestly
Yup. Which is why the Canucks need to prioritize Joshua and Zadorov. If you can bring them back, that's huge.

Also, it's a good reason Vegas always does well in the playoffs.

Reactions: Canucks LB and Flik

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Yup. Which is why the Canucks need to prioritize Joshua and Zadorov. If you can bring them back, that's huge.

Also, it's a good reason Vegas always does well in the playoffs.
I should also mention they are not fast either, they are just amazing with their hands and shots

Reactions: Petey O
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad