Around the League | Round 1: FIGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
still remember how LA was this model franchise like 1 year ago on this message board. How they have a bright future while the canucks were doomed.

Their team is still dependent on old Kopitar and Doughty- Its not easy replacing them.

Teams can go decades before they can actually draft players of those caliber.

Even if you reverse that PLD trade (its horrible), and add those pieces back, canucks still have the brighter future. Our core is younger/better.
a reason why i was never high on them at the beginning of the season. they are super reliant on their 2 aging stars. over the long term, they need to replace Kopitar and Doughty by having Byfield and Clarke step up and that needs to happen or else they are boned. They really should look at Doughty and Kopitar and see if they can flip them for depth. They are going to be done in 2 years anyways, might as well get some pieces now. It's not like they are not middling already.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
So many Oilers fans gloating about demko’s injury, f***ing classless.

I hope they make it to game 7 of the cup finals and lose 3-2 in Overtime, if we don't win.
I think that still ends up a win for them because that probably convinces McDavid and Draisaitl to stay long term.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nucker101

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

I hope they make it to game 7 of the cup finals and lose 3-2 in Overtime, if we don't win.
This is why I enjoy watching any Canadian team lose, except MTL and maybe WPG, never forget 2011. The rest of Canada was loving it everytime a Bruin roughed up a Canuck.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Bob made an insane save, love to see the freelancing even if it doesn't always work out.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon

Worst fanbase in the league. Toxic clowns that have zero knowledge about any of the players that don't play for their team. Coilers are the one of the main teams I never want to see any success for. I can still stomach the Flames.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011

Well despite that hot streak, Skinner is around 30th overall in most of the fancy goalie stats. His traditional .905 isn't that hot either. I don't see that as solid grounds to be over-confident.

I've never seen anything overly special about the guy. Maybe he'll prove me wrong eventually but right now he's just ok.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Caps pressured for almost two minutes at the end but couldnt get really a quality chance. Really pushing the Rangers hard, can see them making a series out of this

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010

Hopefully Doughty takes out McDavid (fairly)

f*** Edm.

f*** LA.

f*** the refs.

f*** Ron McLean.

f*** everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: nucks88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad