Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Oilers lost to Avs in 2022 and Knights in 2023.

Both teams which were better than any atlantic teams from 2022 or 2023 seasons.

Oilers likely beat Tampa like thet beat the Kings in 2022 and 2023. Tampa is a bad defensive team and Oilers PP would feast on them

2022 bruins oilers beat but 2023 bruins I think would beat the oilers

2022 panthers again oilers would beat but 2023 panthers would beat the oilers

I would take the 2024 oilers ahead of any atlantic team besides maybe flordia depending on how bob performs in R3 vs Rangers

I disagree completely, but you're entitled to your opinion.

Any good team the Oilers play, they get beat usually.

We will see how it goes against their first good team next round.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
The Oilers didn't expose shit. The Kings are mid, I was hoping they could take the next step but it never happened.

The Oilers haven't beaten a non-mid team in the playoffs. They got super lucky LA won and Vegas lost in the last games of the season, otherwise Vegas would've swept them just like Dallas will
Vegas would lose in 6 to the oilers

Poorly built and aging team, with little chemistry and just not any where near the goaltending or PK needed to beat the best and 2nd best playoff players in the league this year

Hill was i credible last year and got the series win. He and Thompson are not hot and cant steal a series this year. Oilers PP would go 50% on the Knights

I disagree completely, but you're entitled to your opinion.

Any good team the Oilers play, they get beat usually.

We will see how it goes against their first good team next round.
*first good team according to notbias opinion

Reactions: Kerberos

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Vegas would lose in 6 to the oilers

Bad team, with little chemistry and just not any where near the goaltending or PK needed to beat the best and 2nd best playoff players in the league this year

Hill was i credible last year and got the series win. He and Thompson are not hot and cant steal a series this year. Oilers PP would go 50% on the Knights
Well there goes your credibility.

Practically the same team that beat up on the Oilers last year with their 4th string goalie in for half the series, and you know, won the cup.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
You are just stating an opinion of who you think is a good team... so yes, I am doing the same.

Oilers are very flawed, and when they face a good team, they get beat.
That is fine but your post read as if you thought my post alone was an opinion and that your correct on your valuations of what good teams are and what not

Like I said, the 2022, and 2023 Kings and 2022 Flames were good to very good teams in my view

To you, they were playoff fodder. Oilers at the least beat alleged playoff fodder. Leafs failed to do thst in 2020 and 2021, which made your post about them having same # of 3rd round wins as leafs seem unfair

If both the leafs and Oilers are valued on just winning the cup then both are failures fine. But that means having deep runs, winning rounds doesnt equal to success and the Panthers of 2023 didnt have a great year, which I dont agree with

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Canuck fans have been insanely annoying this year acting like they won the cup in January.

But I also really want to see the Edmonton melt down... I don't know who I want to lose more.

Reactions: hamzarocks

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Canuck fans have been insanely annoying this year acting like they won the cup in January.

But I also really want to see the Edmonton melt down... I don't know who I want to lose more.
Have you seen Oilers fans the last few years? They play a few shitty teams in the playoffs and have half the world convinced their loser team is a contender. They make Canucks fans seem tolerable

Reactions: notbias
Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Not sure why we're talking hypotheticals. Oilers took advantage of matchups where they were favourites (beat CGY as underdogs, though) and then lost as underdogs to eventual cup champs. Who knows if an Atlantic team would've beat a Pacific team or whatever

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
5 series wins in 3 years

2022 Kings --> 99 pts, 8th in GA in reg season, oilers score 26 goals in 7 games

2022 Flames --> 111 pts, 6th in goals for, 3rd in goals against, oilers score 24 goals in 5 games

Two top end defensive teams who oilers beat

The oilers beat teams leafs wouldnt.

Leafs wouls not go 3-0 vs kings. Oilers are a tier above the leafs come playoffs

The Kings are a joke, but I will say that the Oilers stars know how to go off come the postseason, unlike ours. Outside of the 2020 Blue Jackets and the 2021 Habs I'd take any opponent we've lost to over the last three Kings squads the Oilers have had the lucky privilege to play. Beating the Flames isn't impressive, they're as incompetent a franchise as the Leafs when it comes to the playoffs since the '04-'05 lockout. Beating the Canucks in 7 should they hold on is better, but I still expect Dallas will be able to handle them in the WCF, should they make it.

Reactions: JKG33

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
The Kings are a joke, but I will say that the Oilers stars know how to go off come the postseason, unlike ours. Outside of the 2020 Blue Jackets and the 2021 Habs I'd take any opponent we've lost to over the last three Kings squads the Oilers have had the lucky privilege to play. Beating the Flames isn't impressive, they're as incompetent a franchise as the Leafs when it comes to the playoffs since the '04-'05 lockout. Beating the Canucks in 7 should they hold on is better, but I still expect Dallas will be able to handle them in the WCF, should they make it.
As a sad Kings fan I endorse this post

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Not sure why we're talking hypotheticals. Oilers took advantage of matchups where they were favourites (beat CGY as underdogs, though) and then lost as underdogs to eventual cup champs. Who knows if an Atlantic team would've beat a Pacific team or whatever
Teams are built different too, it’s so simplistic to argue how they’d stack up, because they’d be constructed different if they were in the Atlantic. Such a lame argument.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

Because that is all we can discuss...

We may as well just not compare playoff records except cups then... everyone's path is different.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad