Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
just FYI for Tre haters out there and the ones who were calling me out that point shots don't matter

there you have two prime examples why they matter

P.S. Tre with the Klingberg signing had the right idea

I've been saying it for a while that the Leafs get almost nothing offensively from their blueline and it's a major reason why they struggle to score in the playoffs. Klingberg was the right idea, didn't work out. Hopefully he brings in another offensive D or two this summer.

Probably would’ve been prudent to hone that offensive upside Liljegren had when he was drafted instead of spending years turning him into TJ Brodie lite. This franchise preaches safe, low-event hockey to a fault.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
DUMBEST philosophy ever! I don't engage with them anymore because its jsut a waste of time. They do nothing but try to prop up the overlord who is not even the GM here anymore.
Oh man the amount of bar graphs and scatter graphs you saw plastered all over here showing those revolutionary advanced stats that showed how insanely elite our team was. Atleast when Tre became GM that nonsense took a hike.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Oh man the amount of bar graphs and scatter graphs you saw plastered all over here showing those revolutionary advanced stats that showed how insanely elite our team was. Atleast when Tre became GM that nonsense took a hike.

Just because you can't read the graphs doesn't mean they are useless...

I don't think teams would spend millions on analytics if they were useless, but maybe they do.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Just because you can't read the graphs doesn't mean they are useless...

I don't think teams would spend millions on analytics if they were useless, but maybe they do.
Yeah a graph showing that the shots taken further away from the net go in the least.

That's like me making a graph of how many shits I take a day, it's completely useless and meaningless.

• Love
Reactions: PromisedLand

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Have we thanked you guys enough for Hyman?
Glad we could over pay our core four so we couldn’t pay a heart and soul Hyman. I recall so many “okay maybe we over paid a little, but what’s 500 grand here, a mil here”. It’s room to keep Hyman, zero sum game maroons! Said it then, proven now, we blew it.

I wonder how many goals he gets when McDavid requests a trade this summer after another 3rd round sweep...
Go to bed Kyle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad