Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
46 playoff games and 100 points is nuts. I was a young'un in the Gretz prime but just old enough to have seen some of it. Have a look at that flow, it scored 20 itself.
Oilers might lose the series but it really piss me off that they have the best player in the league and the best playoff player in the league during this era.

Reactions: fahad203

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Oilers might lose the series but it really piss me off that they have the best player in the league and the best playoff player in the league during this era.
McDavid is the best playoff player of the era? I mean I guess it depends on "era". Sid delivered when it was time to deliver. I'm not sure there is a more recent example of true playoff clutch. You could group Kane in I guess.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
McDavid is the best playoff player of the era? I mean I guess it depends on "era". Sid delivered when it was time to deliver. I'm not sure there is a more recent example of true playoff clutch. You could group Kane in I guess.
I was referring to Drai as the best playoff player in the current era and McD as the best player in the current era.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
46 playoff games and 100 points is nuts. I was a young'un in the Gretz prime but just old enough to have seen some of it. Have a look at that flow, it scored 20 itself.

Wayne was truly magical...he had Oilers' enforcer Dave Semenko playing on his wing, and even set him up for a hat trick in one of the games...it would be like Reaves playing on Matthews' wing and getting a hat trick...wild.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I'll be pretty surprised if they don't. Assuming they do, it has to cement DeBoer as one of the best coaches of his generation.
Man I don't agree with that one. He kinda seems like the ultimate choker. And when he's had success, those teams were either already good before him or still good after him so I'm not sure that he's contributed all that much. Just been fortunate to have some good rosters.

Dallas went to the SCF with a lot of this roster already. Vegas won the cup after firing him. San Jose was a perriennial contender before they brought him in

Reactions: Nineteen67

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I think Vancouver's luck has run out.
They (Vancouver) didn't want to lose in Edmonton, but Edmonton wanted to win.

Wasn't close.

10th. overall Bouchard ... next year RFA same time Draisaitl is UFA.

1716122687799.png

1716122886692.png

Last edited:

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Vancouver had 10 shots on net 3/4 left in the game. Yeah good luck with that.

Mr. Pettersson is an absolute non factor. Again.
But I thought Tocchet was a "hard-ass" and holds his players "accountable"? The reality is that coaches are powerless to improve a player's game unless the player has it in him or her to improve in the moment. Some players will, some players won't.

Reactions: BallardEra

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Doesn't bother me we have the clearly superior Mitch Marner who does better in the playoffs but just gets goalie'd.
Mitch marner is not the only one that didn't show up during these playoffs or last 8 years

I know this is a cool thing to do now is pick on mitch.

Drai and Mcjesus are just on different level. Nothing to do with Mitch

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
For those that laughed when the rat Tkachuk was a -4 after game 1 vs Bruins.

View attachment 873199

No defending this, again.

View attachment 873201

We should never talk down to any player in this league. Even a 4th liner in any team has the potential to our play and out produce our so called superstars in playoffs

Last 3 players on that list makes me sick. Marner, Reilly and Tavares combined for 30 million

Matthews gets free pass because he was injured. Yet he was healthy for last 7 years and he did jack then too

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Love the analytics guy who called Draisaitl a leech and argued Nylander was the better player.
Nylander is going to get same treatment next year. People here are getting fed up with bringing little yet getting paid like top 10 stars

There are other ways to contribute. This doing just enough won't go too well

He wanted his money. He go it. He wanted term he go it. He better score 40 goals every year

He makes almost the same money as Pasta. Pasta went to the finals. Pasta scored 60 goals in this league. Pasta has 2 100 point seasons. 1 92 point season

Pasta was 3rd in forwards with hits.

Clock is also on Nylander.

Reactions: JKG33

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
From nhl.com:

“Monday will mark the first time two Canadian teams will meet in a Game 7 with a trip to a conference final on the line since 2002, when the Toronto Maple Leafs defeated the Ottawa Senators.”

Reactions: PromisedLand

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Nylander is going to get same treatment next year. People here are getting fed up with bringing little yet getting paid like top 10 stars

He wanted his money. He go it. He wanted term he go it. He better score 40 goals every year

He makes almost the same money as Pasta. Pasta went to the finals. Pasta scored 60 goals in this league. Pasta has 2 100 point seasons. 1 92 point season

Yep, Nylander is going to have to earn his $90mm in the regular season.

Mind you he wasn't underpaid in the post-season, just like marner wasn't overpaid in post-season.

Some players just got paid upfront, others will get paid in arrears.

Some will get both.

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto

This market is fed up with the type of play that has come with this rebuild.

Soft, perimeter, disengaged play is done with Tre. Sadly he is saddled by NMCs of players who are exactly the embodiment of this sort of play.

Don’t forget Pasta fought Tkachuk. Let’s see one of our core players do that.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Mitch marner is not the only one that didn't show up during these playoffs or last 8 years

I know this is a cool thing to do now is pick on mitch.

Drai and Mcjesus are just on different level. Nothing to do with Mitch
You're right, we should be shitting on Matthews more too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad