Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
You will be complaining about Max soon enough when he gets a extension. Then we will hear how can we get rid of that contract. Happens all the time....some are just never happy

Lets just pack it in and go back to the days we miss the playoffs constantly

Everyone was happy then

It takes more then our stars to win in the playoffs.....Our D is bad....even our best D in Reilly is pathetic playing D. And when is the last time we had a goalie? You know the guys that win playoff games?
hard to fill out the D and net when so much cap goes to so few players.............

That grit almost won us the series. Think about it. Matthews out for 2 games and not close to 100% for gam 7. Willy misses first 3 games. Tavares gets a goal and an assist and Marner barely showed up.
a lot of cap tied up to injured players, another reason to have a balanced team cap wise...........

Reactions: ToneDog

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
hard to fill out the D and net when so much cap goes to so few players.............

a lot of cap tied up to injured players, another reason to have a balanced team cap wise...........
Not one the 4 money hogs could find it in themselves to drag this team by a shitty Bruins team. The guy who makes the least tried but he only shows up in 3v3 OT.

Reactions: ruaware41

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

While it's a bit funny hearing the Bruins of all people complain about this (how can they do that with a straight face with Marchand as captain....)

But it's nice to see more main figures around the league call out what we've known for ages, that playoff officiating is terrible.

Refs should 100% be made to face the media after regular season games let alone playoffs.

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
Neither does Marner. I don't think anyone wants Domi because he's as good as Marner. They want him because he's going to cost 1/3 of Marner does with 60-70% of the production and equal or better playoff numbers.

As for year over year results... A 4M player having a bad playoffs is much easier for the team to compensate for than having an 11-12M player consistently no-show.

Marner isnt going anywhere unless he wants too. So that is that.
Domi is so good that teams let him walk. Sure he will help this team if the contract is reasonable. With the almighty Domi we still couldnt score. Domi is dime a dozen IMHO. He plays no defence but he plays well with elite talent like Mathews ....go figure.

Lets boost up Domi because he is the playoff fan favorite.....flavor of the day.

He cost 1/3 because it was a prove it one yr deal.

If we can signe him to that contract for 3 yrs....then im all for it and it has nothing to do with Marner

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Domi is so good that teams let him walk. Sure he will help this team if the contract is reasonable. With the almighty Domi we still couldnt score. Domi is dime a dozen IMHO. He plays no defence but he plays well with elite talent like Mathews ....go figure.

Lets boost up Domi because he is the playoff fan favorite.....flavor of the day.

If we can signe him to that contract for 3 yrs....then im all for it and it has nothing to do with Marner
Yeah Domi only scored 9 goals. I'm not sure why so many people are convinced he can replace Marner's production and PK'ing ability. They're not even close IMO. But here we are.

Reactions: Da Mash

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
What in the hell are you talking about?

I was specifically talking about playing through physical play along the boards and contested areas especially in the front of the net, and being able to come out of it with the puck and being able to generate offence.

Were you replying to someone else? My comments had nothing to do with after the whistle stuff, or fighting or any of that. Maybe take another read? And yea, I can say with certainty our current core are not able to do what I just described.
But we added guys to do that didnt we?

What happened? Mathews is one of the best against the boards and stealing pucks. Are you refering to Nylander ? who lead the league a few yrs ago in dirty area goals? Or is this all about Marner? How about Reilly winning some board battles in front of our net?

Knies doesnt work the boards? Tavares? Im trying to think in the top 6 who struggles there? Marner?

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022

We had cap space didnt we? What about this year? we will have cap space again. The problem is again we wasted on players that didnt help in the playoffs. Reaves was a no show. Klingberg is eating shrimp somewhere. Murray is still on the island serving shrimp. What did our big defenceman do? Their outlet pass is bouncing it off the boards. Drewer? did he even score this year? What did Reilly do? He is a 7plus million dollar man....he was a no show in playoffs and we always struggle to find a partner with him because he has no discipline in his own end.

Lets blame it all on cap dollars already spent.
Marner may well be gone....on his terms....we have to wait for Tavares contract to end.

Our PP sucked and our PK was the worse in the playoffs.....but coaching gets a pass. Oh wait.....
Keefer is gone but his assistants are still there.

There is bigger problems then blaming the stars IMHO

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
Yeah Domi only scored 9 goals. I'm not sure why so many people are convinced he can replace Marner's production and PK'ing ability. They're not even close IMO. But here we are.

Flavor of the day....and his last name is a idol in TO .....go figure....they both have won nothing.
But they get a pass because they show they can fight.

We out hit the bruins.... and some still think its grit and heart is the main reason we lost.

Lets check out our goaltending and goals scored ....its a common denomentator to our losses.

But hey....some want more goons so we can all hail them when we beat a team with our knuckles and trash our star players for not advancing.

Next year...we will hear the same fans complaining about Domi and his contract that they dearly wanted the leafs to offer.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010

There's no need to boost up Domi. You're the only one doing that with your sarcasm. He's a 3-4M player and gets paid as such. If he wants more, then no thanks.

Marner is demanding 12M and shrinks to a 2-3M player in the playoffs. If he refuses to waive then let him walk. It has nothing to do with Domi. It has to do with Marner's capspace and filling out the roster better without a playoff no-show taking up 11-12M.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Then they can be influenced by the critical questions and backlash. I think things are fine the way they are they just need more consistentcy with their calls and less clowns trying to take over the show like Wes McCauley.

Eh, I don't think it can be worse than it is at present. Eventually something is going to have to change

KMNRB

Jul 4, 2015
Soucy suspended 1 game for cross checking a guy in the face but Rielly got 5 games. Lol Parros is f***ing trash

Yeah with all those explanation about how Rielly deserved 5 to 6 games because the play happened after the whistle, Soucy got 1 (equivalent to 2) games. What a joke!

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

While it's a bit funny hearing the Bruins of all people complain about this (how can they do that with a straight face with Marchand as captain....)

But it's nice to see more main figures around the league call out what we've known for ages, that playoff officiating is terrible.

Refs should 100% be made to face the media after regular season games let alone playoffs.

This twitter video is interesting. Sweeney is clearly frustrated :laugh:

Things are getting mighty interesting in the bruins/panthers series. I suppose some dominoes may fall somewhere.

I recall Rangers got fined for bringing up the stupidity of DoPS and NHL reffing.

I wonder if NHL fines Bruins, given Jacobs and Bettman are chums

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Soucy suspended 1 game for cross checking a guy in the face but Rielly got 5 games. Lol Parros is f***ing trash

Where's the 3 part thread on the mains, calling Soucy a worthless POS who deserves a year-long suspension?

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Freddy sure seems to swim alot. Good for two or three times a game. I don't recall him being like that here.

Regular season vs Playoffs.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Canes are trying too many passes. You have to bang in rebounds and get deflections or garbage goals when up against a goalie like Shesterkin when he’s in a zone.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Oof that's an awful goal to allow. Strong side shot by a D, doesn't even go post and in

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Wonder if Mitch would waive for Carolina. He'd be their most talented player by a decent margin. Carolina has lots of depth but lacks high end talent.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
This twitter video is interesting. Sweeney is clearly frustrated :laugh:

Things are getting mighty interesting in the bruins/panthers series. I suppose some dominoes may fall somewhere.

I recall Rangers got fined for bringing up the stupidity of DoPS and NHL reffing.

I wonder if NHL fines Bruins, given Jacobs and Bettman are chums

It's ironic that the Panthers are just playing Bruins hockey and Bennett just Marchand'ed Marchand.

Reactions: OddyOh and HolyCrap

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad