Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Bennett and Josh Anderson are classic case of players evolving into toughness games that they weren't known for

Bennett was known for feistiness, not the A hole he has turned out to be
Anderson was never known for fighting at all apparently even in his first year with Columbus

Then one fine morning he shifted his game. Even fought Chara

It's a good thing we didn't

We couldn't have Collin Blackwell, Joe Thornton at the age of 40, Wayne Simmonds who was done, Jimmy Vessey, Barabanov, Malgin, Foligno who didn't score a single goal for us

I wonder why sometimes I wanna punch Dubas
Get in line. Your estimated wait time is a week.

• Love
Reactions: fahad203

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Yeah great skaters. Boston D constantly have to worry about their forwards carrying the puck out

We lost a lot of speed over the years. Matthews allergic to carrying the puck and not a fast skater
Tavares is a snail

Our Centers are slow

You also have Marner who thinks he's got all the time in the world to slow the game down in the playoffs.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Florida makes Boston pay for that double minor.

In hindsight. I am actually kinda glad we lost that game 7 O.T. Because looking at how this series is shaping up now, and how the Panthers are looking ATM, there is absolutely no f***ing chance in hell we were beating them.

Reactions: fahad203

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Looking at how the Panthers move the puck around and how they're looking for deflections, tip ins, open shots etc. There's no reason why the Leafs can't do the same and its mind boggling that their powerplay was so bad in comparison. So many Leafs shots were relatively easy saves while the Panthers can find different ways to beat a good goalie like Swayman.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Florida makes Boston pay for that double minor.

In hindsight. I am actually kinda glad we lost that game 7 O.T. Because looking at how this series is shaping up now, and how the Panthers are looking ATM, there is absolutely no f***ing chance in hell we were beating them.
I wouldn't mind if Tkachuk fed Marner a few like he did Pasta.

• Love
Reactions: Trapper and mikeyz

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Looking at how the Panthers move the puck around and how they're looking for deflections, tip ins, open shots etc. There's no reason why the Leafs can't do the same and its mind boggling that their powerplay was so bad in comparison. So many Leafs shots were relatively easy saves while the Panthers can find different ways to beat a good goalie like Swayman.
They don't have Rielly and Marner quarterbacking their PP.

Reactions: CelticDruid

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008

Everyone of Florida's players on their powerplay are capable shooters...we got 2 muffin shot artists in Marner and Rielly, so the opponents just focus on Matthews and Willy, and tie up Tavares in front of the net if he gets the puck.

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
The reason we can't score in the playoffs is because they don't go into the dirty areas and try and get greasy goals, all other teams get a bunch of traffic in front of the net and take point shots

Reactions: wingman75

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad