Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Uh, yeah, Carolina is better than the Leafs. The problem for Carolina is that they've run into shesterkin and the rangers' special teams.

Yes, arbitrarily decide whose better and use any hand plucked evidence you want to make sure you're correct.

Throws a hissy fit if anyone disagrees, claiming they're just Dubas haters.

Reactions: HolyCrap

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Yes, arbitrarily decide whose better and use any hand plucked evidence you want to make sure you're correct.

Throws a hissy fit if anyone disagrees, claiming they're just Dubas haters.
I don't think it's arbitrary. Carolina was better than the Leafs all season. So were the Rangers.

Reactions: ToneDog

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
Move Rielly and Lilly and the defensive blunders magically disappear…….

And @Evilhomer doesn’t think much of Pasta, last night he showed he has more integrity than 34, 16, 88 combined……….

When was the last time the Leafs actually took a booming shot from the point?

Rielly tried to. He rielly did..

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
I don't think it's arbitrary. Carolina was better than the Leafs all season. So were the Rangers.

Yes, regular season standings to decide whose the better playoff team. Your views are so shallow.

You haven't provided any valid points how Carolina would beat us in a 7 game series. Their current performance doesn't even display they would beat our round 1 performance yet you so confidently state they're better.

All of the top 4 Atlantic teams look better built for playoffs than Canes.

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
And @Evilhomer doesn’t think much of Pasta, last night he showed he has more integrity than 34, 16, 88 combined……….
It's funny how I don't agree with you calling out those 3 relative to Pasta, but the poster you reference makes me assume the supporting facts you were given were worthless and annoying, so you should be able to get away with what you're saying.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Yes, regular season standings to decide whose the better playoff team. Your views are so shallow.

You haven't provided any valid points how Carolina would beat us in a 7 game series. Their current performance doesn't even display they would beat our round 1 performance yet you so confidently state they're better.

All of the top 4 Atlantic teams look better built for playoffs than Canes.
Except that I never said that Carolina would beat Toronto. I said that the Leafs would have trouble against Carolina because of their special teams. Ultimately, I think Toronto would beat Carolina in a series. I don't think Boston would beat Carolina, and there is no chance that Tampa would beat Carolina.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
NY Rangers are 7-0 to start the playoffs only the 12th team in NHL history to do so.

NY Ranger goalie Igor Shesterkin has now gone 30 straight games surrendering 3 or less goals against.

Artemi Panarin has scored 4 goals in 7 playoff games in 2023-24 and ALL 4 have been Game Winners for NYR, Now that is a money player !!!

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
Except that I never said that Carolina would beat Toronto. I said that the Leafs would have trouble against Carolina because of their special teams. Ultimately, I think Toronto would beat Carolina in a series. I don't think Boston would beat Carolina, and there is no chance that Tampa would beat Carolina.
The Montreal Canadiens beat Toronto. This core would lose to any NHL team at this point

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Now you have me confused. Your ideas are contradictory when put together. I give up following along to what others think of the league as a whole. All I know is Leafs are trending in the right direction.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Money aside, sounds like thenperfect place for 34, 16, 88 to be playing……

It's troll post. Can you imagine someone putting down billions without anyone knowing about it?

NHL just standing by because if it was their project, it would be heavily promoted. All the owners sharing arenas with competition. Oh yeah and it starts in 4 months...

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
Is it doom and gloom for all these teams losing in the second round? Carolina might get swept. Is their season worse then the leafs now seeing how they finished higher in points? Or is it just the leafs that are run terribly and cant win a cup.

I look at the Bruins....they won a cup in 2011 ....they had hall of famers....great goalies....Chara...and other superstars....and they have won just 1 cup with all that talent? Where is the backlash on the current players that have been there for awhile?

Oh I forgot....only here are players and teams are judged on playoff wins....my bad.

Sorry

Reactions: River Meadow

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Is it doom and gloom for all these teams losing in the second round? Carolina might get swept. Is their season worse then the leafs now seeing how they finished higher in points? Or is it just the leafs that are run terribly and cant win a cup.

I look at the Bruins....they won a cup in 2011 ....they had hall of famers....great goalies....Chara...and other superstars....and they have won just 1 cup with all that talent? Where is the backlash on the current players that have been there for awhile?

Oh I forgot....only here are players and teams are judged on playoff wins....my bad.

Sorry
No, those teams have fans that are also sick of their shit. Boston fans were losing their mind once the series was tied 3-3.

Canes fans are already turning on Rod.

• Haha
Reactions: River Meadow

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
It's troll post. Can you imagine someone putting down billions without anyone knowing about it?

NHL just standing by because if it was their project, it would be heavily promoted. All the owners sharing arenas with competition. Oh yeah and it starts in 4 months...
Ever hesrd of the WHL?

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
NY Rangers are 7-0 to start the playoffs only the 12th team in NHL history to do so.

NY Ranger goalie Igor Shesterkin has now gone 30 straight games surrendering 3 or less goals against.

Artemi Panarin has scored 4 goals in 7 playoff games in 2023-24 and ALL 4 have been Game Winners for NYR, Now that is a money player !!!
1000003681.jpg

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
It's absolutely shameful that I find myself cheering for the Bruins against the Panthers

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Sam Bennett was traded for a 2nd round pick and unknown prospect

Same year/trade deadline we traded for Nik Foligno for 1st and draft picks
There is a lot of things we could have done but the team was mostly ignored for the entitlement of 4. Are you going to give more than the 4 when you know you could probably be replaced because Marner needs a raise? Unity?

Reactions: fahad203

horner

May 22, 2007
Sam Bennett was traded for a 2nd round pick and unknown prospect

Same year/trade deadline we traded for Nik Foligno for 1st and draft picks
Bennett was exactly what we needed
Alot of people said he sucks on the regular season who cares he comes live in the playoffs.
Such a miss.
I wanted Perry back then as well.
Again a playoff performer

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Bennett and Josh Anderson are classic case of players evolving into toughness games that they weren't known for

Bennett was known for feistiness, not the A hole he has turned out to be
Anderson was never known for fighting at all apparently even in his first year with Columbus

Then one fine morning he shifted his game. Even fought Chara

Bennett was exactly what we needed
Alot of people said he sucks on the regular season who cares he comes live in the playoffs.
Such a miss.
I wanted Perry back then as well.
Again a playoff performer

It's a good thing we didn't

We couldn't have Collin Blackwell, Joe Thornton at the age of 40, Wayne Simmonds who was done, Jimmy Vessey, Barabanov, Malgin, Foligno who didn't score a single goal for us

I wonder why sometimes I wanna punch Dubas

Reactions: ToneDog and horner

horner

May 22, 2007
Bennett and Josh Anderson are classic case of players evolving into toughness games that they weren't known for

Anderson was never known for fighting at all apparently even in his first year with Columbus

Same with london he hit but he all of a sudden changed his game in the NHL.

It's a good thing we didn't

We couldn't have Collin Blackwell, Joe Thornton at the age of 40, Wayne Simmonds who was done, Jimmy Vessey, Barabanov, Malgin, Foligno who didn't score a single goal for us

I wonder why sometimes I wanna punch Dubas
Bennett 4.5 mil for another 1 more yr I think

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I notice when the Panthers forwards blow the zone they’re back in a heartbeat at the first sign of trouble. Nothing casual about it.

Yeah great skaters. Boston D constantly have to worry about their forwards carrying the puck out

We lost a lot of speed over the years. Matthews allergic to carrying the puck and not a fast skater
Tavares is a snail

Our Centers are slow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad