Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Dallas and Vegas is the only series where it had a 2-2 series tie. Don’t think I seen that in the 1st round often.
Last time we had such a lopsided first round was 2017. No matchup went to 7 games and 5/8 matchups had a 3-0 or 3-1 lead at one point. Leafs vs Caps went 6 games and was the final matchup to finish if I remember correctly.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
They'll probably figure out something fast, but man... what a loss that would be for them.

If he makes it to market, it'll be like Guy Boucher vs Mike Babcock of choices (at the time) between him and Berube.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
You would think Brind'Amour would be a Hurricane lifer.

But if for whatever reason things don't work out, the list of suitors would be long. Even teams with a coach they are comfortable with. He seems like the ultimate player's coach who knows how to get the best out of them.

Yep would be all in for him if given the chance

money can be a factor and the leafs have that edge

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Leafs West. I thought they had a chance but Avs are rolling. Nichushkin and Lehkonen with 12 goals in the series. Leafs have scored 9.
One acquired as a FA, another acquired for a 2nd and Justin Barron. All for under 11m a year for the next 3 seasons after this one. Avs have pulled off so many smart moves like this that pushed them to another level. Wish the leafs were making these kind of moves.

For the Winnipeg talk, I see them similar to a market like Nashville. Tough market, but will stick with a solid gm for a long time because theyre established and know how to work under their market.

Reactions: ToneDog

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
One acquired as a FA, another acquired for a 2nd and Justin Barron. All for under 11m a year for the next 3 seasons after this one. Avs have pulled off so many smart moves like this that pushed them to another level. Wish the leafs were making these kind of moves.

For the Winnipeg talk, I see them similar to a market like Nashville. Tough market, but will stick with a solid gm for a long time because theyre established and know how to work under their market.
Sakic is an insane hockey mind. Biggest thing is he doesn't get overly attached to complimentary pieces and is always looking at improving his team however he can, even if it means parting with a useful player time to time.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
How did @Evilhomer get tickets behind the penalty box?

Attachments

• evil.jpg
    evil.jpg
    362.5 KB · Views: 1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad