Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
I'm looking forward to the Jets/Avs game today. The others will likely be boring(nucks/preds) or one-sided.
Same here. I'm hitching my wagon to every Canadian team seeing as our team is about to hit the links early once again. Nothing against our American friends but it would be nice to see the cup head north of the border for once.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I'm looking forward to the Jets/Avs game today. The others will likely be boring(nucks/preds) or one-sided.
So far this year I have enjoyed most of the series.

Teams can score, and I don't spend the majority of the game frustrated.

Watching McDavid and Hyman together is great.

Van/Nas has been boring but I have quite a few Canuck fans so I am kind of invested

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Watching the Avs makes me sick. They STINK defensively and have the worst goaltending in the playoffs, yet they find a way against an elite goalie + defense

Their offense actually carries them unlike ours

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Watching the Avs makes me sick. They STINK defensively and have the worst goaltending in the playoffs, yet they find a way against an elite goalie + defense

Their offense actually carries them unlike ours

They dumped enforcer MacDermitt and put in even more speed/skill. Look at that team and tell me who's a face puncher. Just a lot of skill and speed through every line. Their mid line centers are only 40-50 point players too. Their third line is Wood, Ross and Kivirante...

It helps that they have more than 1 capable player offensively on the backend. Makar, Toews and now Walker is just a lot of 2-way skill. The second they get the puck, it's out with a pass or by skating.

Last edited:

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
They dumped enforcer MacDermitt and put in even more speed/skill. Look at that team and tell me who's a face puncher. Just a lot of skill and speed through every line. Their mid line centers are only ~50 point players too.
Yup, they have a viewpoint for how they want to construct their roster and find players who fit it

We're a weird mix of speed/skill along with gritty players. There's no direction here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad