Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
They spent 6 mil on two reclamation projects. One, an injury riddled goalie who hasn't been good in years in Murray, and the other on a guy who wasn't even qualified by his team and shown he's exactly who we thought he was, an inconsistent mess ill-fitting to be a starter.

I'm tired of going down this path. Dumpster diving for goaltending than acting surprised when we can't win when we're going up against Vezina candidates in the playoffs, especially when this team struggles to score as is. It's insanity to me.

While not a hard rule, you generally get what you pay for at the end of the day.

On one level don't disagree, but the other is that there's not exactly a lot of proven, guaranteed options out there in recent years.

There's a reason the team has had to turn to unconventional options or gamble on up and coming types like Woll/Sammy to begin with.

Like I'm not sure if the teams goalie position is any better off today if they had gotten say Markstrom in free agency a couple years ago. Free agency hasn't exact been overflowing with key goalies

Problem here is I'm not sure what the actual solution is going to be. Likely keep gambling until they find the right guy I suppose

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Career playoffs points per game.

Oilers duo at 52 games played.

80 for MacKinnon and 73 for Rantanen:

1000018409.png

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
HFIsles GDT for today's game 4 is only 4 pages long and the game is half way done.

HFIsles GDTs against the Leafs in regular reason get 30 pages. [MOD]
Nothing new for HF.

If the Leafs are involved, theres always more talk. Just look at these two threads. Literally same thing, one about all teams in playoffs, one strictly about the Leafs. The Leafs one will easily surpass the thread about every team shortly in way less time.

1714245937499.png

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
It’s s resl shsme Dubas didn’t appreciate shat he had sith Zack, but that was a recurring theme with boy wonder Hyman, Marchment et al…….
Marchment wouldcfitcright in with the Leafs with his 10 points in 30 playoff games

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Pretty crazy how loud this crowd is during a PK up 2-1 in the 3rd period.

If we were on a PK in the 3rd period up by 1 our crowd would be biting their nails and sweating.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
If anyone is making the reverse sweep it's Tampa. I hope they beat the piss out of eachother for a few more games.
Exactly this. For whatever can be said about a rusty team, I think there's even more to be said about a team that's been worn down. We apparently have to win three more games against Boston while only losing a maximum of one...yeah, yeah, yeah, I know!

Reactions: TMLife17

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
It’s s resl shsme Dubas didn’t appreciate shat he had sith Zack, but that was a recurring theme with boy wonder Hyman, Marchment et al…….

Smaller guy Bunting was better though..."gotta fill around the margins...", says the genius Dubas...
and skating-between-the-legs-small Malgin was better than Marchment too...:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad