Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
I don't want to derail the thread but it's become painfully obvious how overrated our stars are. They don't take over ganes in the playoffs like other teams stars.

Matthews isn't in the same tier as a guy like McDavid or MacKinnon. Not even close.
Matthews is in the same tier as MacK.

Not McDavid because no one is.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Mittlestadt with some nice passes tonight.

Jets can't handle their speed at all. They'll need Hellebuyck to stand on his head when the Avs are coming in waves, and then pounce on mistakes the other way. Not a great recipe for success, but seems like the only shot at winning this series

Reactions: Jojalu

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
I'm not super confident any series is going beyond 5 games other than the Leafs/Bruins series.

Wouldn't shock me if we don't see a single game 7 in round 1.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
damn scary finish there.. so much f***ing blood. puts things into perspective. could have easily lost his entire f***ing thumb there. hes probably done for the season

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
damn scary finish there.. so much f***ing blood. puts things into perspective. could have easily lost his entire f***ing thumb there. hes probably done for the season
That was scary. It’s honestly surprising it doesn’t happen more often when the gloves are off and the scrum is on the ice.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
lol Leafs PP probably won't score on a 2 minute 5 on 3.

With Cam Talbot in net? Of course they would.

Edmonton is playing the weakest team in the West. Their scoring will dry up in the second round - they light up the Kings in the first round every single year.

It's a big advantage to finish second under this new format in a division with only 2 decent teams per season. Look at Hyman's stats on his last season in Toronto in the playoffs vs when he got to play LA. Went from 1 point in 7 games in the Atlantic playoffs to PPG in the Pacific playoffs

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
With Cam Talbot in net? Of course they would.

Edmonton is playing the weakest team in the West. Their scoring will dry up in the second round - they light up the Kings in the first round every single year.

It's a big advantage to finish second under this new format in a division with only 2 decent teams per season.
Still gotta do it. We haven't lit up anyone in the playoffs since forever.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Still gotta do it. We haven't lit up anyone in the playoffs since forever.

Yeah, but we don't get these matchups either.

Hyman last season in Toronto: 1 point in 7 games
Hyman first season in Edmonton: 16 points in 16GP

You can't tell me that's just his season over season improvement. The easier matchups go a long way for pumping stats in the first round or 2.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough

You can't tell me that's just his season over season improvement. The easier matchups go a long way for pumping stats in the first round or 2.
It is the McDavid effect, he made Ryan Nugent-Hopkins a 100 pt PP quarterback last year.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011

I'm sure playing with the best player in the world and possibly the greatest to ever play the game helps a bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad