Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Looking more and more like Florida will be the 2 seed. I don't mind it. Give them a chance right away to punch back after getting son'd in the 2nd round last year....and if they don't they don't waste our time any longer then needed lol

Reactions: Kurtz

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Looking more and more like Florida will be the 2 seed. I don't mind it. Give them a chance right away to punch back after getting son'd in the 2nd round last year....and if they don't they don't waste our time any longer then needed lol
If things break right, the leafs can be two points behind Florida after Monday, so I don't think anyone should be conceding home ice to them.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
All the numbers point towards you not wanting the Leafs to have home ice, including their home record last playoffs (1-5 btw).

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

For me, our best chance against Florida is they simply don't have the same chemistry and lightning in a bottle momentum as last season, coupled with Bobrovsky tiring out down the stretch. Last year they played Alex Lyon who got them in the playoffs, and played half way through the Boston series before Bob came in and took over again.

If they wear Bob out, I could see him having a Vasi-like slog fest, which takes away one of FLA's key advantages from last season. They also have Stolarz who is underrated good, but that's our path to victory assuming the Leafs don't have their heads up their you know what's.

Reactions: Auston Escobar

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
The Leafs played well in Tampa during the playoffs. I'm not particularly worried about the Panthers home arena either.

The Bruins definitely have an intimidating barn though. Hate the team, but no denying that. They're the one series id care about playing the extra home game if need be

Last edited:

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
The Leafs played well in Tampa during the playoffs. I'm not particularly worried about the Panthers home arena either.

The Bruins definitely have an intimidating barn though. Hate the team, but no denying that. They're the one series id participate care about playing the extra home game if need be
I've always thought it would be better for the home team if the schedule was first two on the road, middle three at home, and then alternating games 6 and 7. I think having those three games in a row for the home team would make home ice far more material.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
All the numbers point towards you not wanting the Leafs to have home ice, including their home record last playoffs (1-5 btw).

Funny enough, both us and Florida have a better away than home record this year.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I know Reaves doesn't typically fight outside his weight class.....I really wish he would make an exception for Bennett on Monday night lol like just first shift of the game just grab him and feed the living shit out of him. I know it won't happen but it should.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
McJesus tied for league lead in points with 2 points (both goals) so far. What a resurgence from him

The Bruins definitely have an intimidating barn though. Hate the team, but no denying that. They're the one series id participate care about playing the extra home game if need be

Its not so much for Bruins' home arena or their fans; its the pro-bruins reffing in their barn that ticks me off. Difference last year was that Florida overcame pro-bruins reffing.

rdogg

I cry your pardon
Aug 4, 2010
PEI
Edmonton is absolutely beating the brakes off Anaheim right now.

What a joke of a team, they are so bad. Zegras has to be the most over-rated player in the NHL

Reactions: PromisedLand

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad