Around the league part 2

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
Nah f*** McD, had it coming for all the petty and cheap BS he's gotten away with. The whole thing wouldn't have started if he didn't take a massive two handed slash to Soucy after the whistle.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I don't think Soucy intended to hit him in the face. If Zadorov hadn't hit Mcdavid it would have been a shot to the chest. Intent does not matter to the NHL though, especially with stick infractions. I think Soucy gets 2.

Zadorov is such a :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Mcdavid got the shit cross cracked out of him at the end and no one on Edmonton really even stepped up to Soucey and Zadorov.
this should be a main take away for the coilers.

Reactions: Johnny Utah

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Bullshit.

If you're going to enter the scrum with a baseball swing when time's up, you get what's coming to you and you'd better be ready. Maybe he believes he's untouchable because of his abilities; he just found out he's wrong. Especially going after Soucy--what did he think was going to happen, ref would rescue him? This didn't happen out of nowhere, Soucy is edgy but a pretty honest player.

I don't like Zadorov coming in from behind but you have to expect that reaction, you just invited a melee.
96378f46-42d9-40ef-9729-d98e384bc899_text.gif

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Nah. Cross-checking someone in the lower back from behind is a cowards move. Soucy is taking the blame, but Zadorov gave a chicken-shit shot to a guy who wasn't aware it was coming. He should be sitting for a few.
"Sitting for a few" for a 2 minute minor?

Game's gone if any fines are issued here, much less suspensions.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

If you can get a 4 minute penalty for unintentionally high sticking someone and they bleed, then the standard of need to be in control of your stick is already set.

I don't think Soucy meant to do it, but he crossed checked a player to the face. Needs to be a suspension. I just wish it was to Leon instead of McJesus. The piss off for me comes when McDavid hits Anderson up high and gets nothing.

From the bit of game i watched Leon got an obvious interference penalty and then complained to the refs. He does so many pick plays that just piss me off.

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007

They should make checking from behind legal then too. That 5-minute major that Bernier got in Game 6 should have been ok as well. I mean, if hitting someone from behind (after the game is over) is ok, then let's just get rid of it and let the chips fall where they may.

Jesus Christ you guys with your "game is soft now. Can't hit people in the face after they take a slapshot at an empty net. Can't cross-check someone from behind when they aren't expecting it. Game's soft." I'm at the point with y'all where I hope someone like Clarke or Byfield has something like that happen to them and they're injured just so I can call you guys soft for being upset about it.

I'm done arguing this point. Y'all can be ok with cheap-shotting someone from behind if you like and you can all think it's a tough play. Zadorov is a coward for doing it.

I think the biggest reason Bertuzzi doesn't apply here is it was strict headhunting days later.

When it'a in the heat of the moment with some sticks and crosschecks already being thrown, the behavior is more understandable.

Would I be okay with it happenong to a Kings player? No. Bur I'm also happy when Kings goalies make saves and am not happy when a Kings opponent makes a save. I'm biased.

But if Byfield was shoving some players swinging their sticks and showing assertiveness, I'd rather that than having them sit there and take it without repercussions for the offender.
Doesn't mean it's ok. Doesn't mean it's "tough". Doesn't mean it shouldn't be punished.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
They should make checking from behind legal then too. That 5-minute major that Bernier got in Game 6 should have been ok as well. I mean, if hitting someone from behind (after the game is over) is ok, then let's just get rid of it and let the chips fall where they may.

Jesus Christ you guys with your "game is soft now. Can't hit people in the face after they take a slapshot at an empty net. Can't cross-check someone from behind when they aren't expecting it. Game's soft." I'm at the point with y'all where I hope someone like Clarke or Byfield has something like that happen to them and they're injured just so I can call you guys soft for being upset about it.

I'm done arguing this point. Y'all can be ok with cheap-shotting someone from behind if you like and you can all think it's a tough play. Zadorov is a coward for doing it.
I'm sure Zadorov will be happy to fight McDavid at center ice next game to atone for this cowardly act.

Should they also make legal hits when the player being hit doesn't see the hit coming illegal as well? Cowardly to hit a guy when he isn't expecting it, even if it is from the front. Dustin Brown never should have hit Sedin like that since Sedin didn't know he was there. If you are going to hit someone, you should have to yell "head's up" at least three seconds before impact.

Sounds ridiculous? So does the Bernier false equivalency.

Reactions: KINGS17

bland

Jul 1, 2004

Doesn't mean it's ok. Doesn't mean it's "tough". Doesn't mean it shouldn't be punished.
It's a crosschecking minor, no more, no less.

Asking for a suspension for a minor penalty is absolutely ridiculous - hence the ridicule.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I'm sure Zadorov will be happy to fight McDavid at center ice next game to atone for this cowardly act.

Should they also make legal hits when the player being hit doesn't see the hit coming illegal as well? Cowardly to hit a guy when he isn't expecting it, even if it is from the front. Dustin Brown never should have hit Sedin like that since Sedin didn't know he was there. If you are going to hit someone, you should have to yell "head's up" at least three seconds before impact.

Sounds ridiculous? So does the Bernier false equivalency.
I always did...it's how I won most gentlemanly player in my roller hockey league 3 seasons in a row...and it was a no check league.

Reactions: BigKing

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
This is the problem the league has with allowing these POS guys like McD and Drai to slash players legs all the time. It's total chickenshet.. How the heck do they keep allowing this crap. Penalize and suspend them. Otherwise, allow the other team to respond back with force.

I'm still waiting to hear about the fine/penalty on McD for that. It was also after the final whistle too.

Also, i think McD went a bit drama and an acting job a bit with his falling down after the back cross check.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC

meh

i think it should have been a fine but it's mcdavid and it's contact with a guy's neck/head..

I think you take a game off for Soucy if it means McDavid is abused at the end of a loss by two of your depth players.

It’s a night and day contrast to Mikey getting punked by McDavid repeatedly. Versus a collective team sending a message to a superstar.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
absolute joke when you consider that mcdavid getting hit in the face was a result of him falling. League wants the oilers

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
This is the problem the league has with allowing these POS guys like McD and Drai to slash players legs all the time. It's total chickenshet.. How the heck do they keep allowing this crap. Penalize and suspend them. Otherwise, allow the other team to respond back with force.

I'm still waiting to hear about the fine/penalty on McD for that. It was also after the final whistle too.

Also, i think McD went a bit drama and an acting job a bit with his falling down after the back cross check.
come on no way was that hit from behind embellished.
I agree that the piss off is star players can run around and do whatever they want at times, but not that he embellished.
To McDavid's credit he said it was a just a scrum and heated altercation. Did not call it to dirty or anything. Which surprised me.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
For this reason alone I’d take Bennett on the Kings

What a f***ing joke
I'm not a good HF user when it comes to looking up old posts, but I was all over the Kings going for Bennett and Reinhart when they were available with the former being due to pedigree (high pick) and being the type of player that the Kings absolutely didn't have at the time and still don't.

I'd kill for a Tkachuk on this team so Florida is an easy team to root for. Little Kings-esque with the stud 1C Lady Byng winner and a legit goalie but didn't start being a threat until they added the assholes.

Blake added an asshole one time in Lemieux and the team has only gotten worse since not having even one asshole on the team.

This isn't rocket science. The game still requires an element of meanness and nastiness if you are going to win the whole thing, even if some people today want suspensions for aggressive hooking penalties.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I'm not a good HF user when it comes to looking up old posts, but I was all over the Kings going for Bennett and Reinhart when they were available with the former being due to pedigree (high pick) and being the type of player that the Kings absolutely didn't have at the time and still don't.

I'd kill for a Tkachuk on this team so Florida is an easy team to root for. Little Kings-esque with the stud 1C Lady Byng winner and a legit goalie but didn't start being a threat until they added the assholes.

Blake added an asshole one time in Lemieux and the team has only gotten worse since not having even one asshole on the team.

This isn't rocket science. The game still requires an element of meanness and nastiness if you are going to win the whole thing, even if some people today want suspensions for aggressive hooking penalties.
I can't deny, I was pretty stupid during the cup run era where the Kings were falling off and I thought that toughness/grit was intrinsically a part of most players so I was okay with them moving away from that and going for skill exclusively since I felt like Jordan Nolan types were too one note to be an important asset.

Narrator: He was wrong.

It's absolutely shocking to me how many grown men on the Kings team have zero grits and toughness. Absolutely did not expect this to be a thing, I took the cup era team for granted for sure.

I am now of the mind that you need some hitters and a guy who has no problem going over the line. Kings need to sacrifice players like Lizotte, Lewis, Moore/Arvidsson for some guys who have balls to not only hit, but also go out of their way and f*** up some guys who need it. Competitive edge now includes variables such as "Do we have a guy who's willing to hurt player X?" You need a player who is willing to do that because there's going to be player who will for sure do that to you. There's no reason to play from behind.

Evander Kane is going around injuring players. He knows what he's doing. We need a guy who's willing to take a guy out. McDavid doesn't even attempt to hide his head hunting.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

If the rumors of Brady being available are true Blake needs to be all over it. Issue is he spent a lot of bullets on PLD. Ottawa is a stone throw from Quebec, maybe PLD can be part of the deal.

Reactions: tny760

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Hockey is a physical sport. To pretend that doesn’t mean intimidation is a factor is absurd, and dare I say bitchassed.

That either player is getting so much as a fine is a joke. I hope DOPS sends someone to check McDavid’d diaper before the next game, if Draisaitl hasn’t eaten it already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad