Around the league part 2

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
It's like a PP every time Draisaitl-McDavid-Hyman are out there.

But as in years past it's 25 minutes a game for these guys, it will eventually catch up to them, although they faced no resistance from the Kings in Round 1.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
McDavid's hands on that breakaway...sheesh

And I can't ever remember special teams being this powerful. It's like sure, there was a time recently where you focused your efforts on 5v5 because that's where the VAST majority fo the game is played...but that assumes 'average' special teams, like 20-25%, not f***ing 50% and 100% haha.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
i thought i was being a homer when i called em the edmonton cheap shots.
but there whole roster is full of guys led by mcdavid that seek to injure. imean it was obvious that guys like nurse (who has no talent to do anything but cheapshot) and drysaital (who is too lazy to do anything but cheapshot) but the entire roster? appearently they are the cheapshots

Sausages

Apr 28, 2017
but there whole roster is full of guys led by mcdavid that seek to injure. imean it was obvious that guys like nurse (who has no talent to do anything but cheapshot) and drysaital (who is too lazy to do anything but cheapshot) but the entire roster? appearently they are the cheapshots
I watched the third period last night and I thought that when the Oilers were losing 3-2 they just "gooned it up" everywhere. The Canucks tried to respond and it led directly to McDavid's tying goal.

I thought I was being a homer when it looked like the refs were going easy on the Oilers against the Kings, but I was shouting at the TV just as much on the behalf off the Canucks.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
main board is wild

so many clips of cheap bullshit

all defended by the same hypocritical oilers fans as "diving"

Reactions: chris kontos

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
main board is wild

so many clips of cheap bullshit

all defended by the same hypocritical oilers fans as "diving"
Did you see the Rangers fans twisting themselves to defend Trouba's flying elbow?

It was all Jarvis' fault for falling intentionally to avoid a hit and subsequently tripping Trouba. He needed to just accept the flying elbow to the face.

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
I’ve seen enough of the oilers the past few years to hate their antics. The fan base is beyond rabid in defending them. That no call on the high stick to Hughes was some bullshit. Different rule book for McD. Their crowd groans on everything and refs tend to react more often than not. Stuff happens with every fan base but it’s just elevated there. Doesn’t help that the Canadian media is an Oiler hype machine even tho they really aren’t a Cup team. They did get a break facing LA and Van. Two teams they can run and gun against and out score their own deficiencies with.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Did you see the Rangers fans twisting themselves to defend Trouba's flying elbow?

It was all Jarvis' fault for falling intentionally to avoid a hit and subsequently tripping Trouba. He needed to just accept the flying elbow to the face.
I picked to rangers to win it all this season and have been a fan mostly because of quick. And i saw alot of trouba in winnipeg.
The guy is a cheapshot.
And a shitty defenseman.
I dont know how he gets away with the crap he does but its like he has the mcdavid pass that "i get to do whatever i want - no penalty"

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
I picked to rangers to win it all this season and have been a fan mostly because of quick. And i saw alot of trouba in winnipeg.
The guy is a cheapshot.
And a shitty defenseman.
I dont know how he gets away with the crap he does but its like he has the mcdavid pass that "i get to do whatever i want - no penalty"
Trouba took 3 or 4 penalties in one game. Maybe it was game 2? I think its more that old school mentality that theyll call a few but they arent gonna call me every shift so you get away with it.
I wish McDavid would get called for his dirty plays but honestly I love that he plays with an edge. The guy will go coast to coast and take runs at the other teams top dmen.
Wish we had that here. It is effective especially in the playoffs.

Reactions: chris kontos

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
And all this time i thought it was the blocker side drunken savant wild man ninja move

J quick is the best since hasek.
And just to repeat rob blake is a son of a bitch

Reactions: SettlementRichie10

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
personally my body is ready for the era of 20 year career 6'6" mass monster goalies returning to the VH

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The problem is the RVH should be situational like how quick used it

Guys default to it 100% of the time and it’s just lazy

Shows how good quick is to revolutionize but also improvise/choose for the situation. I know the world loves play the percentage goalies but those guys rarely win championships because they’ll give you the saves they “should” but rarely make the ones they “shouldn’t” which is where Quickies clutch kicks in most. Very few goalies have that extra gear these days. Bobrovsky is one, Shesterkin and healthy Demko too. That’s about it off the top of my head. Vasilevsky when he’s in form.

And yah it’s fun watching oilers Canucks as an independent observer because you know exactly when a thread is going to start and outrage videos will be created haha. I knew as soon as that McDavid high stick happened that the Canucks would treat it like Gretzky on the maple leafs. Nkt that I blame them for that one as it was egregious but you can hear from that crowd that any even remotely marginal call is gonna get nuclear treatment

bland

Jul 1, 2004
What's crazy about this is that Quick was one of the first goalies that mastered the RVH and used it very effectively.

But he also really only used it blocker side when the puck was below the face-off circles.
Hockey has a loooooong standing tradition of blindly adhering to trends. Once something flies in the face of the standard and works, it becomes the new standard, often without realizing that it was the special players making the difference, not necessarily what they are actually doing.

Quick was special because of his competitive spirt, not his technique.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
What's crazy about this is that Quick was one of the first goalies that mastered the RVH and used it very effectively.

But he also really only used it blocker side when the puck was below the face-off circles.
And most guys using it now neglect to protect that short side high shot and lean too far forward

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
personally my body is ready for the era of 20 year career 6'6" mass monster goalies returning to the VH
1000011733.jpg

Didn't we already do that like 20 years ago?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad