Around the league part 2

Sausages

Apr 28, 2017
It doesn't happen over night. It's a steady walk down hill of 10lbs every year for 10 years.
Of course, but still, after the first 20-30 pounds you must start to think about it. Makes you wonder how hard they had to fight to stay at a certain weight when they were playing.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
In the presser following Bruins' game 7 vs TML, Brad Marchand looked like he'd been partially lobotomized.

And I see Keith Tkachuk went the way of Adam Deadmarsh when he didn't have to train any more. Not saying I'm not carrying a few pounds I don't need, but I just don't get how ex professional athletes can stand letting themselves go so far downhill after all that effort. Call me shallow.
You can add Jeff O'Neill to that list. This was from a few years ago...I think he might have shaved off some pounds since.

1715093516584.png

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Dallas may kick the shit out of both Colorado and Edmonton. The Oilers lost 2/3 of their meetings against Dallas this year, only winning once in overtime. Assuming Edmonton can get past Vancouver...

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
F*** anything New York. Avs, Dallas, from the west for Me. And Canes, Panthers from the east. Unfortunately, looks like it's going to be Bruins vs. New York in the Eastern Conference Finals.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012

Years ago, I went after a popular Leafs media personality on Twitter regarding the Tavares signing. I insisted you couldn’t pay three forwards (at the time Tavares, Nylander, and Matthews) $30m a year and expect to win.

He refused to believe these three would be making $30m combined.

Toronto is a fever dream inside a coma inside a bad LSD trip. No one in that city is attached to reality and that’s why they continue to lose year after year after year.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Always liked JJ, tho I'm biased just because when we acquired him it was the dawning of a new age of optimism in the franchise, and he helped get us Carter. Plus I've always been rooting for him ever since his parents f***ed him over financially. Its wild to see guys like him, L. Schenn, and Suter still playing in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad