Around the league part 2

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Can't help but root for Dallas. They have the blend of vets and youth, skill and grit, and they let players like Robertson and Johnson lead the team and grow.

Aside from Heiskanen, they don't have other lottery picks. Just the capability to compose a team. And fill in character gaps along with skill gaps.

You don't need to take for years or sell your vets off to be good. You just have to let your roster grow. And part of that growth is identifying new roles for the old guard, ane finding purpose with your prospects.

And Johnston was a 2021 pick, mid first. Zero AHL time.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Can't help but root for Dallas. They have the blend of vets and youth, skill and grit, and they let players like Robertson and Johnson lead the team and grow.

Aside from Heiskanen, they don't have other lottery picks. Just the capability to compose a team. And fill in character gaps along with skill gaps.

You don't need to take for years or sell your vets off to be good. You just have to let your roster grow. And part of that growth is identifying new roles for the old guard, ane finding purpose with your prospects.

And Johnston was a 2021 pick, mid first. Zero AHL time.

Dallas is exactly what Blake and Luc want to be but are too incompetent to be.

Reactions: King'sPawn

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
Dallas is a likable team. They’re like the good version of the Kings where they kept the old heads Benn and Seguin but actually drafted well and had a young core that took over the team.

Considering Blake is staying and getting worked over by EDM 3 years in a row was all for nothing, I would’ve much rather played Dallas and given them an easy out into the 2nd round and seen Vegas slap the Oilers around instead.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I dunno about Dallas. I think Colorado takes them out and faces Edmonton in the conf finals. East coast feels like NY vs Boston.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad